14 - The Guardian of Miraculous

"I have to wake Tikki up." Marinette whispered looking at sleeping kwamis.

"That was the first time when I saw something had exhausted Plagg."

"I have no idea how that mysterious material works, but it took all energy from them. Thankfully Tikki was strong enough to explain us as much as she could."

She was so moved watching two little creatures sleeping and holding their paws together. Adrien stood just behind her, put his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I've always wanted to do this." He murmured.

"What exactly?"

"This is what I imagine parents usually do when their children are sleeping."

"Adrien, rather we are children here. They are older and smarter than us."

"Oh, Marinette... Can you stop being so Ladybug-like for a moment?"

"What?"

"You keep your feet on the ground all the time. Can't you just join me and dream a bit?"

"About?" she smiled, glancing at him sideways.

"I don't know... Let's say about our three beautiful children..."

"Louis, Emma and Hugo..." she whispered unwittingly.

Adrien chuckled.

"Have you already chosen names for our children?"

"A while ago... yes... I did." She stuttered embarrassed.

"I like them." He replied, kissing her cheek.

Marinette smiled. She still couldn't believe that everything ended so well. At least as well as possibly could. She was wondering how Adrien dealt with all those emotions – he had lost his father, got his mother back and now he had to hide the truth from her. The truth about what his father had done to bring his wife back.

"It's terrible." Marinette sighed.

"What's terrible?" he looked at her surprised.

"I shouldn't be so glad that it happened like this." She confessed, and he hugged her tight.

"I feel that way too." He muttered. "Unbelievably happy, and yet I should be rather sad."

"Unbelievably happy?" she repeated.

"Of course. You don't?"

"I think I do." She hesitated, not sure how to express all her feelings.

"You think?" he looked at her concerned. "This isn't something to think about, Marinette. You should just know it."

"And I know it, Adrien. I feel it. In fact, I felt it the strongest when we were leaving the... That place. But now... I have so many thoughts about what happened there... And about what will happen tomorrow. And how's your mom... All those thoughts bother me now and ruin my happiness. But you should know that nothing has ever sounded in my ears as beautifully as you're saying you love me."

"That's weird, but I have the same impression." He grinned. "Nothing has ever sounded in my ear as beautifully as I'm saying I love you."

She nudged him after this pun. And he laughed in response.

"I really have to go, Adrien. It's almost midnight." She sighed.

"Rather impossible without Tikki."

"I can't wake her up. Nor detach her from Plagg."

"So, you have to stay for the night." He smiled.

"Adrien, we've already talked about it. No way."

"But I don't mean anything immoral, My Lady." He said. "Besides, don't you think it would be more comfortable to fall asleep having by your side someone dearest to your heart? After all those terrible things that happened today?"

"Adrien, this is a classic emotional blackmail."

"Because my charm hasn't worked."

"You're unbearable!"

"And all yours." He grinned.

She rolled her eyes. Yes, he was all hers.

"If they don't wake up till tomorrow morning we'll have to take them to Master Fu." Marinette decided.

"I think we don't have time for waiting." A voice at the window replied.

Adrien and Marinette looked at that direction. They had been so focused on sleeping kwamis and themselves that they didn't notice a little man in a green hood. Moments later he detransformed and they saw an old Chinese in a red shirt.

"Master Fu?" Marinette exclaimed.

"Who?" Adrien asked.

"Master Fu, the Guardian of Miraculous." She explained quickly.

"Good evening Ladybug and Cat Noir." Master Fu greeted. "I'm so glad to see you're safe and sound. I was worried I'd be too late."

"Oh, I know you!" Adrien cut in.

"How did you know, Master?" Marinette asked at the same time.

"Wayzz felt a disturbance of the world balance. Like he had felt two years ago when Nooroo, the Butterfly kwami was awaken. That was the reason I went to find Ladybug and Cat Noir then. And that was the reason I had to go today to save you. But as I can see, everything ended well."

"Not quite..." Marinette muttered.

And they told Master Fu all that had happened that evening. And then they showed the Guardian sleeping kwamis.

"I've never seen Tikki so exhausted." Marinette whispered. "What was that? Hawkmoth said something about a special material that could have been used in the Guardian Temple to control kwamis. But we don't know where the trap was installed. I'm so scared to go back there! I don't know where Tikki and Plagg were trapped and how Hawkmoth took them out to use them to make a wish. I don't know so many things!"

"I can't answer your questions, Ladybug." Master Fu sighed. "I have to talk to Nooroo. He will know more."

Adrien took a little wooden box and gave it to the Guardian of Miraculous, bowing with respect. As if he wanted to apologise for this father's mistakes.

"Thank you, Cat Noir." Master Fu whispered. "And the Peacock Miraculous?"

"It's locked in my father's safe. And the book is there as well."

"I need them back, Cat Noir."

"Of course. But I have no idea how to open the safe. Last time Plagg did it, but now we can't count on him."

"Wayzz will help us. We have to go there, Cat Noir. Immediately. We have no time to lose."