Distance: 1

Blaine was a happy, go lucky kind of guy so when his best friend, Santana introduced him to her girlfriend Brittany Pierce, a dance teacher he was beyond excited for her, so excited that he even left the house a couple of time's to let them have their quiet alone time, despite him missing hanging out and talking too Santana he couldn't help but be excited for her because she seemed really happy.

And as for Blaine, well he hadn't dated in almost two years since his old boyfriend had been hooking up with several men which caused him to become extremely self-conscious and insecure.

He scratched the back of his neck, Santana was out with Brittany assumingly so Blaine had the tiny apartment for two too himself. He had bought it when he broke up with his ex, Nathan Brooke. They had just moved in with each other a month previous. He found Santana when she saw an ad in the paper for it and called him up.

He knew since then they would be best friend's for a very long time. He was glad he had her since he had been alone for a while with living in a big city like New York and your parents living in Ohio a couple hours away caused Blaine to feel like he only had Santana with him. Cooper Anderson, his older brother had moved to Los Angeles when he finally got his big break meaning Blaine didn't see him as much.

When Blaine was 20 years old he moved out to New York to study music and song writer until he found a passion for teaching younger children which brought on his job of teaching young children music and dance. He was now 23 years old and was finally beginning to become happier. It was a Saturday night meaning he didn't have work the next day which he was thankful for.

He needed this weekend to feel himself again. He yawned stretching his arms out for the second time that night. He had decided to stay in with his Kraft dinner and bad reality television when asked by Santana if he wanted to join them. He had said no when he decided he wanted a lazy night in and didn't want to become the third wheel.

"But Blaine... you could finally meet someone new." Santana had responded with.

"Well I don't want to meet new people, so I'm staying home." Blaine answered already becoming annoyed by her. That was how the conversation had gone between the two of them. Blaine didn't know he and Santana had new neighbors until the old ones were out and the new ones were inside.

The next day Santana forced Blaine into making a pie and then headed right over to their apartment room. Their windows and fire escapes were far from each other even though they lived next to each other. Blaine decided to stay in their house as he didn't feel like socializing.

Santana raised her hand knocking on the door. "Who is it?" Was called before the door was pulled wide open to reveal a gorgeous looking skinny guy staring at him.

"Oh wow... you are simply breathtaking." Santana breathed out. "Anyways, I'm your new neighbor Santana Lopez, I have a roommate, but he doesn't really like to talk to people." The man raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow. "I just wanted to welcome you with this delicious pie he made."

"Oh thank you." He answered gratefully as he took the pie from her. "My name is Kurt, Kurt Hummel."

"Nice to meet you." Santana smiled. She had to get out of here before she literally jumped the man.

"Ariel." Kurt said panicked as he turned around and scooped Ariel into his arms. "Oh I'm sorry, this is Ariel Hummel. My daughter."

Oh! shit, Santana thought, I did not expect that. She smiled waving at the little baby before she looked back up at him. "I should go, I'll see you around." Kurt nodded waving to her, as soon as he had shut the door Santana raced back to their apartment room with wide eyes as she rushed over to her roommate.

"Holy shit. Our next door neighbor is smoking hot!" Santana purred plopping herself beside Blaine and taking a handful of the popcorn he was eating currently. "He is tall, slim, and very hot. Like he basically has a sign on top of his head saying 'come fuck me, I'm single with my legs open.' You totally have to tap him, Blaine."

Blaine laughed rolling his eyes. "Shut up Satan." Blaine huffed. "Did you even get his name?"

"Yes, after I basically eye fucked him to the moon and back." Santana chuckled.

"You have a girlfriend, remember?" Blaine answered raising an eyebrow. "What's his name anyway?"

"Kurt Hummel from Ohio." Santana smirked watching Blaine's eye's open up wide.

"What part of Ohio?" Blaine asked excitedly. He hadn't met somebody from Ohio yet with Santana being from New Jersey.

"I don't fucking know why the hell would I ask that?" Santana replied. "It makes's me sound creepy."

Blaine raised both his eyebrows. "As if you weren't already creepy?" He sighed. "Now what's the catch?"

"He has a baby." Santana shrugged.

"Oh my god, he has a baby? Santana, I was just joking..."

"Yes and I wasn't."

"Fuck, he has a baby." Blaine ran a hand through his hair. "Why is there always a catch?"

"Don't ask me... Brittany is coming tonight by the way." Santana said. "So... don't bother us for a little while please."

"I wasn't planning on it." Blaine rolled his eyes, he was to be scarce for a few hours tonight. He always liked going onto his secluded private spot.

● ● ●

When Brittany arrived later that night Blaine did by his word and went scarce by heading to his fire escape window looking over the New York City lights. When he heard a noise he glanced over across at the window beginning to open and a younger good-looking man stepping out. Blaine suddenly realized that Santana was definitely correct.

When the man finally noticed Blaine after fifteen minutes of awkward silence on Blaine's part due to Kurt not knowing he finally began to speak. "Oh hi, I'm sorry... I didn't even notice you. My name's Kurt."

"Hi, I'm Blaine."

________________________

A/N

How was that first chapter?? Next chapter will be up in a week maybe? Each chapter will be uploaded once a week maybe twice if I get really good views. I am starting a job, so I don't know how much I'll be able to get to with writing. Please give me a review of this story if you have time in PM or the COMMENT section.

Vote, share, view, and comment!!

- Alysha