Return of the wolf....only i'm not alone part6

Start from the beginning

Damn. She must have changed her work schedule or not have any patients today.

I stood still for a second and then realising it was inevitable, that I'd have to lie to her, I walked through to the kitchen, and out to the glass sliding doors which overlooked the garden.

Sure enough, as I peered out of the glass door I could see my mum sitting at the wooden table with her laptop out. She was turned towards me, her face showed her concern, " Hey sweetie, what are you doing here so early? Shouldn't you be in fifth period? Are you unwell?"

I stood holding open the glass door, half in, and half out. " Yeah, toady was fine. I saw Kelly. I just um.. Well I started to feel kind of sick so I thought I'd come home." I said quietly. I hate lying to my mum. I lie to her enough already to cover up my secret. I shouldn't create any more situations, which make me lie to her. I guess that will be top on my new years resolutions list, next to 'don't turn into a huge wolf in school, revealing yourself, just because a sexy mystery guy just happens to make you feel completely out of control by standing near to you'.

Mum got up and put her hand to my forehead, diplomatically ignoring how I didn't mention Jenny or Marina. "Oh you're hot honey! Maybe you should take some ibroprofen and go to bed and lie down?"

I nodded "Ok, maybe I'm coming down with something?" and walked to the kitchen cupboard, pretended to take the pills. I could feel mum hovering by the door, checking up on me.

I got a glass of water and walked up the stairs to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. God I hated the void that seemed to stretch between us now.

"I hate lying," I said quietly to my empty room.

Little did my mum know, the change had meant that my body temperature is constantly higher than a normal humans.

Oddly, like my strength and speed, my body temperature always increases noticeably in the few days surrounding a full moon.

It had been useful to use in boarding school as a 'im sick' excuse if after being out all night in my wolf form, which sometimes made me so tired I did actually feel slightly nauseous.

I jumped back onto my bed and stared at the smooth white surface of my ceiling.

Maybe I should take down those pictures of Jenny, Marina and I.

No. I wasn't ready for that.

Even though seeing them everyday would bring back that sharp painful feeling in my chest.

Thank god tomorrow is Friday and then it will be the weekend and I won't see them.

If I'm lucky.

Really lucky.

Did I mention we all live on the same road?

Marina lives six houses down to my right on the same side and Jenny is two house further than Marina. Talk about convenient.

I closed my eyes, the shock, pain and anger at seeing my two best friends, the electric sparks and the white-hot imprint of the mystery guys touch, his soft sweet lips, replayed in my mind.

My breathing slowed.

My body began to feel heavy and I could feel my mind slipping into the dark dream world of my mind, dragging me away from reality.

..................

I felt a hand gently shaking me awake.

Immediately my body muscles tensed, my eyes snapped open and I jumped in shock.