Return of the wolf...only i'm not alonepart11

Marli's Pov:

I turned away from mum and slowly walked up the stairs drudgingly... my whole body prickled with nerves. My stomach felt like an invisible person had reached in and tied a knot in my stomach, my heart was beating in overdrive and I was desperately trying to stop the urge to throw up.

I had to see them after today?

After the way I'd nearly shifted in front of them, my muscles quivering uncontrollably when trey appeared.... could I even explain my reaction?

I didn't want to.

After running down the hallway at full speed.

How could I explain that away?

I couldn't even think about what it looked like and what they'd thought.

Just before I got to my door I heard my mum call out cheerfully " Oh and sweetie? Marinas mum said it was a little dressy - so wear something nice!"

I grimaced pushing my door open, calling back " Yeah sure mum. I'll find something!" before I closed my door and slid my back down the door, to sitting on the floor. I faintly heard my mum call back from the downstairs kitchen "Maybe wear a dress?"

I closed my eyes. Marli you can do this. You've shifted today so you should be OK; you've just got to get through one night. A few hours and it will be over.

I felt my chest constrict at the thought of seeing Marina and Jenny again, after they'd gotten so upset and practically poured their emotional hearts out.... I couldn't take that a second time in one day. It was too draining. It hurt too much not to be able to talk to them properly...

I took a deep, shaky breath. Don't think about them Marli. Don't think about it.

What if I see Trey again? I obviously can't control myself or the inner wolf part of me around him. It's like he switches off all my carefully constructed internal mechanisms that I created to stop just that from happening.

And so effortlessly, all he has to do is stand in my vicinity. God, He probably does it unconsciously Marli.

I felt my breathing hitch with terror and my old friend, paranoia spread over me, trickling into my whole body... I couldn't stay away from him for a whole night. It was his house for god sake!

Even with just having run, letting my wolf out, would I really be able to stop the onslaught of emotions he consistently made erupt in me?

The burning sensation, the ripple of energy in the air, soaking me and spreading through me. The electric charge simmering within me, taking hold of my muscles....

The same familiar tension crawling ups my spine, seizing my body in spasms.... Did I have that sort of control?

Hell No.

Who was I kidding? Certainly not myself.

I felt a quiet dry laugh burst from me, as I closed my eyes, banging a fist against my door lightly in frustration.

I had to keep as far away from Trey as possible all tonight.

If I did that than I might make it.

All I had to do was avoid him. Leave the room if he entered. Stand on the other side of the garden, sit on the farthest table from him.

And do not look into his eyes Marli.

I could do that. I would do that. It was either that or everything would fall apart... my life as I know it would forever change if anyone - anyone found out my secret.