Return of the wolf....only i'm not alonepart28

Copyright – All Rights Reserved to Smile024

Chapter 28

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Ten minutes later I was sitting on the uncomfortable burnt orange plastic chairs outside of the principles office, after Kell let out an enthusiastic “ Hell Yes!” after the punch in the middle of the silent, shocked class I had been sent out by a very angry looking Mr Jennings.

When I left Kaylie was just waking up on the floor, her eyes were safely back to their normal blue.

My back stung and I could feel my headache starting up again. The receptionist that sat on a desk guarding the entrance to the office looked at me disapprovingly over her tortoise shell rimmed glasses.

Jeez. I really needed some aspirin. Or some water.

 Something to stop the advancing headache…

“ Can I get some water from the fountain in the hall?” I asked the receptionist.

She raised an over plucked eyebrow in clear suspicion.

“ It’s just outside the door, you will be able to see me from your desk.” I told her in a bored voice. I sighed, “ Please. I don’t think I’m going to commit anymore assaults today.”

The last line made her face crunch up like I’d spat on her favourite dolly shoes and then she nodded reluctantly. “ You have a minute and then I want you back in here.”

I nodded and slowly got up, taking care not to jolt my back as I stood slowly, wandering through the reception, out into the fluorescent lit main hallway that made my shoes squeak slightly on the floor as I walked to the steel water fountain by the wall.

I raised my fingers in a fake cheery wave to the receptionist who was glaring at me over her computer like a hawk. When I waved she grimaced and turned back to her computer.

Ha.

I bent my knees, making sure I was level with the fountain, so I wouldn’t have to stretch my back too much to drink. A slight my skin felt tight as I leant over and there was an uncomfortable stinging on my skin where my intricately detailed tribal looking tattoo would be. But it was worth the cool, hydration of the water, making my head stop humming.

Finally my tongue wasn’t like sandpaper on the roof of my mouth.

I swallowed the cold water, wiping my face and standing up to see Ryan standing opposite the fountain with a friendly smile on his face, arms crossed.  He was standing just far enough down the hallway that he couldn’t be seen by the receptionist from hell, wearing camouflage surfer shorts, a plain white top and flip-flops.  He looked so relaxed he could be on a beach. I’d always wanted to give off that kind of relaxed vibe but never managed it.

His aura also seemed to hum with energy, marking him as a wolf; only it seemed larger than Marinas, Jenny’s and Kaylies had been.

“ What could goody two shoes Marli Deschanel have done to land herself in the principles office?” he asked, leaning against a locker on the other side of the hall.

 I smiled back, “ Hey. I’m not a goody two shoes!” I complained, even though I have to admit, this was my first ever trip to the principles office. I had always bee a strictly stay under the radar kind of student who complied with teachers demands. Let alone punched another student.