15 | a dead soul

15. A DEAD SOUL.

. . . .

AND then, she disappeared.

There was only silence his old companion. With his legs dangling on the air, hands perched loosely on his lap, the immortal boy stared up to the sky where the stars and the moon were.

You're never alone as long as the night sky exists.

Remember those words from yesterday made him laugh softly. It had only been a few hours, but it felt like forever, as if it was something from the pile of memories.

For the first time, he admitted that he felt a tad bit lonely.

Suddenly, the world was dazzling in his eyes, suddenly he would like to explore and see more of this world and this time, despite the many lives he had been through before, suddenly death seems so scary.

He gazed and gazed, very keen on gluing his eyes heavenward, enjoying the last moments he has.

Maybe, just a maybe, he finally understood how he died.

It was not the body and the organs that stopped functioning—it's his soul. Taehyung was never the one to open to anyone, he's always a pro at locking his emotions. And after connecting the dots, he finally figured out a thing or two. Yes, his body was immortal, but the soul wasn't. Emotions could kill.

The feeling of loneliness, the feeling of being left behind by his loved ones, that's what killed him. Realizing everything all at once doubled the pain, it was excruciating that he'd wail the sorrow.

The rain never really goes away, but the moments he spent with Eloise were spring day when the flowers bloomed. And when she's gone, the downpour started and stayed eternally. That's how he would describe what he felt.

The rain might stop, but there's still snow; and snow covered folded mysteries.

Rain was the beginning of the tale, and the eternal snow closed the curtains. 

The snow folded the tale of the two.