11 | clockwork

11. CLOCKWORK.

. . . .

"THE show was beautiful, but nothing can compare the actual night sky, really."

After the whatnot, date, they went to the old building that most likely had become their secret hideout. A place where they could clearly see the sky, sharing some 2 AM conversations and late night thoughts.

Sometimes, they would talk and ponder about their own theories about how the earth was created, discussing and learning more about constellations and the moon. So far, their exchanges gave a lot of new informations for Taehyung. Now he can at least name everything the sky has to offer.

"I second that." Taehyung nodded his head in agreement.

They're just sitting on their usual spots, facing up as warmth fleeting in the air between them, filling the atmosphere with a comforting silence.

So warm, so assuring.

They have each other, and that's all he needed.

"Tae," Eloise called. "Thank you so much for today, I had a lot of fun, I really mean it."

He giggled to himself, still finding it cute how childish that sounded. So stoic, yet sweet. "I know, Eloise. I trust you. And you're welcome."

Eloise bobbed her head once after finally satisfied with the response she got, face still displaying no emotion. "But, there are actually a few things that I've wanted to ask you since a long time ago, Tae."

"And what's that?" His gaze was still fixated on the sky, until he heard rustling sound coming from the other side, and that's when he turned his head to Eloise, just to find out the latter was already facing him. A serious look marred her face, hand holding a silver clock necklace.

"What I am about to tell you might sound crazy, but I need you to explain a few things to me. Honestly. The clock is ticking, I don't have much time left."

The clock, it ticks backward.

. . . .

a/n: *is suddenly having a '13 minutes' flashback* and omg, we are veerryy closee to the enddd.