8. I Always Knew You Were a ****

-Squip-

I frown down at Jeremy, who cuddles closer to my chest, mumbling something in his sleep. He still has a few more minutes until he has to wake up for his first college class. I'm a bit nervous that he wants to pursue programming, the last thing I need is a boyfriend who can program strange new features into my code. I hacked into the college's system, and suddenly Eric Reeves has been attending the school for almost a year. Unfortunately, not all the classes I take match up with his.

The sound of Jeremy's father stirring in the basement wakes me from my musings. I sit up and carefully set Jeremy on top of the blankets. Searching for my clothes, I run the probability of his father coming upstairs to check on him. Very likely. I pull up my pants and bend down to give Jeremy an onslaught of good morning kisses. He whines, tossing his head away. "Mmm, stop," he groans, covering his face.

"C'mon sleepy head," I laugh, " get up."

He opens his eyes and looks up at me with mock innocence. "Five more minutes?"

"Two, you little stinker," I give him a kiss before looking for shirt.

I look for something that might fit me, digging through the piles of clothes on Jeremy's floor. Jesus, this guy needs to learn to clean. I finally find a decent striped shirt and windbreaker. I can sense Jeremy's father approaching. Logically, I should make an exit, but when I look over at Jeremy, my rationality fades away. I mean down and give him a deep kiss, holding the side of his face. "Two minutes are up," I say, pulling him up, "plus your dad will be here in a few moments. You might want to have clothes on when you introduce me."

"He's met you already," Jeremy reasons, already rolling (literally rolling) out of bed.

"Once, and I was a crying mess."

I try not to think back to that time. It's so embarrassing I like to pretend it never happened. Jeremy crawls along the floor, searching through his disorganized floor of clothes until he finds something that's apparently satisfactory. He just manages to get his skinny jeans on when a knock sounds on the door. Jeremy's dad opens the door. "Morning son... Didn't realize we'd be having company."

I look away, trying to hide my apparently unnatural looking eyes. Jeremy gives his dad a right smile, "You remember Eric, right?"

His hand is sweaty when he locks our fingers together. His dad looks between us, nodding subtly.

"He's uhm... We're dating," Jeremy says, squeezing my hand so tight I think he'll cut of my circulation. Jeremy's face glows bright red and he noted his lip, looking at his father carefully.

"I always knew you were gay," Mr. Heere says with satisfaction, almost sounding proud.

"That's okay?" I ask.

Jeremy pokes me in the side and I glare at him.

Mr. Heere scratches his ass and nods again, taking a sip from the coffee mug in his hand. "Well, I need to get off to work. Don't be late to class son. I'll see you boys tonight."

And just like that he walks out the door. Gone. I can't help but notice that he assumed I would be staying over that night . "He seemed pretty chill," I say, impressed.

"Coming from you that's a big compliment," he kissed me but I pull away.

"Something was off though... I can't quite place it but- HOLY PROGRAMMERS OF MARIO! He was wearing pants!"

Jeremy stare at me for a few seconds before bursting into laughter, clutching at his stomach and doubling over. He finally stops after a long time and kisses me repeatedly. I mean into those sweet lips and wrap my arms around him, not really sure what he found so amusing. Still, I can't believe I made him laugh so hard. I reach for his backpack and hand it to him, "Ready, slugger?"

He nods and I travel is through the wi fi, landing in the school building. Rich appears next to us with Al standing next to him, towering above him like a skinny tower next to a tiny buff townhouse. I don't think the comparison works but I roll with the new found possibilities of having an imagination. Poor Michael who has not arrived yet, having to use his lame car to drive to school like a normal person. Al grins at me as Rich and Jeremy walk up the stairs, taking their sunglasses off. How someone like Jeremy and someone like Rich could be friends, I have no idea. Al throws an arm around me, "Off to English," they say, waving as Michael runs through the glass doors , huffing and puffing.

"I'm fluent in many languages, including Klingon."

I don't know why I feel the need to brag. Al can speak all the ones I can as well, our programming is very similar. I have to Jeremy who stands at the top of the stairs. I zoom in with my eyes to see him bite his lip. He comes running down the stairs and charges I to my arms, knocking Al out of the way in the process. "I probably won't see you for a while. Michael and Rich wanna hang out later if you wanna come too."

"I'm a super computer, Jeremy, I don't 'hang out.' You and Michael and Rich go have bro time or whatever and I'll see you tonight."

He grins at me, giving m yet another squeeze. "Thank you."

"For what?" I laugh, setting him down.

"For coming back," he kisses me and I roll my eyes, unnerved about how much I want to grin and laugh.

"Go on," I miss his nose, "You don't want to be late for class."

He nods and runs off again. I face Al who has a signature smirk on his face. I punch them in the arm, "Shut up."

They throw up their hands, "I didn't say anything."

Their eyes twinkle, red glare flaring. They grab my arm, "Looks like I got you all to myself."

I swallow, pulling away. "What are you playing at here? Why are you interested in me all of a sudden?"

"Isn't it obvious?" They walk out the door and I follow, not really knowing why. I should run the other direction. Guess it's a Squip thing, we don't run, we win. Hey one of had to lose here.

They pull me by the windbreaker jacket, pushing me into a alleyway and shoving their thin body against me. "Here's what's gonna happen? Listen carefully, m'kay? First, you're going to break up with that pathetic child. Then you're going to come running to me and beg for my love. You will never talk to Jeremy again and if he tries to talk to you, you will tell him you are desperately in love with me and was lying the whole time."

Al kisses me, grabbing my arms and holding them above my head. I gasp, and they use the opportunity to send their tongue into my mouth. They rub their hips against mine, pushing me further into the wall, sending tingles down my spine. After what seems like an eternity, they pull away. "Either you break up with him, or I'll break him."

----

The birth of a monster.

That's what the man previously thought. Now he knows that this isn't the birth of something horrible, but the birth of a whole new subspecies. This is the beginning of something completely new.