7. I Practiced on a Popsicle

-Jeremy-

Michael and I decided to wait to go to a university and went to the same community college. I know that our friendship has president over almost anything else. I have to make things right. So that's why I ran up to him after class and gave him a big hug in the middle of the hallway. Students wander past us, but all that matters is our friendship. He hugs me back and I let out a sigh of relief. This is probably the best day of my life, getting my best friend back after losing him for a whole night (a night that is probably the best in my life). I look over at Squip as I release Michael, feeling a blush creep up my neck. My Squippy. I gaze at him lovingly, beckoning him to come over. He gets up from his spot leaning against a yellow wall and puts an arm around my shoulders, giving Michael a sheepish expression.

"You okay with this?" I ask Michael, gesturing to Squip who's blue eyes have dimmed slightly.

Michael nods, "I don't get why or how, but you're my player two dude, nothing will ever change that."

He seems oddly at peace with himself. He's probably high. Squip releases me and I frown, watching him walk towards a slim figure sitting down on one of the benches. Al stands, greeting Squip, almost taller than him. Certainly more attractive than me. Michael gives me a odd expression, "Why the long face?"

"I don't like the way Rich's Squip is looking at my boyfriend."

"Well go out and defend yourself," he laughs, giving me a shove towards them.

I walk next to the two, feeling tiny in comparison to both Al and Squip. Al is saying something in a long string of numbers, and I look to Squip's face for a reaction. He laughs, peering down at me and wrapping an arm around my waist. "Binary," he explains, "I'm a little rusty."

"Oh you're really not," Al chuckles, hand touching his chest for a moment. I don't like that.

Al looks down at me as if I'm the gum on the bottom of their gold studded boots.

I glare at them, giving Squip a kiss on the cheek and taking his hand, squeezing it a little too tightly.

Al seems amused, "Fucking your Host, Eric,I thought better of you."

Squip rolls his eyes, flipping them off with a laugh. "So did I but he's too cute to resist."

"I'm not cute?" Al gasps flirtatiously, looking too pleased with themselves, "I'm offended. I thought we were friends Squippy."

"We are now."

Michael looks at me, mouthing something I can't make out. Finally he gives up on the hand motions and marches over, sizing up Al. He gives me two finger guns, Rich winking at me. Where did he come from? I glance down the long hall, the wood doors opening and closing with hundreds of students emerging from classrooms, talking in a buzz of voices.

"You ever get stoned in someone's basement?" Michael asks, giving Rich a fist bump.

Al shakes their head, their short wavy hair bouncing. "I don't smoke, obviously."

"Ever play video games?"

Now Al smiles, rubbing their thin fingers together, "I've been known to dabble."

Rich snorts. "They made me so good at video games. I got so much money from bets because they always win."

"I challenge you," Michael says, grabbing Al's arm.

They pause, and I swear their glowing red eyes land on me for a moment. But they quickly look away, pulling out a pair of aviator sunglasses from their pocket and slip them on. It blocks the glow from their eyes. "You're gonna lose."