|1• Their lives|

Start from the beginning

3 years ago, she had moved to Michigan when she got admission into the prestigious Michigan University after qualifying the written test and the gruelling rounds of interviews. The college of course provided Hostel but after a week, Nandini gave that up as it required sharing rooms with guys too and she was so not comfortable with that.

The hostel warden, Mrs Smith a very kind plump lady had then helped her to find this place very near to the university grounds. It was here where she had met Mukti and it had thoroughly surprised her that she had rented this place for the very same reason as her for Mukti was no less than a stunner.

What followed was their beautiful bond of friendship!

The halt of the taxi at the airport, broke her reverie. Paying the driver, she wheeled her luggage into the airport. The next flight to Virginia was in 2 hours, That works.

Buying herself a ticket and a book, Nandini sat down on one of chairs provided in the airport lobby which was filled with soft murmurs.

People seldom asked her that why she decided to enroll in Michigan University when Virginia boasted of some great universities and colleges. She would answer them with everyone's patent lines that It was her dream to get into this university when the reality was totally opposite.

She just wanted to get away from her family as far as possible! Well, if it could be called hers.

Nandini Murthy didn't quite remember her mother for she was just 4 yrs old when she died of Cancer.

Though people rather relatives rather told her that she had inherited those gorgeous honey brown doe shaped eyes from her mother, who looked exactly the same in her young years like she does now.

Since then, she had always seen her father on a roll in a mission to expand her business while she was taken care of by numerous maids and midwives.

He never cared that his little daughter perhaps needed his time and attention.

And exactly, 2 years later he bombarded his second marriage to a woman named Reema on her under the context of her care.

Irony no? The man who didn't cared about her, all of a sudden marries for the second time for her.

No! He didn't do it for her. He did it because he wanted to.

The announcement for the flight to Virginia was made as her thoughts were interrupted again as she got up and walked away to complete the tiring procedures.

An hour later, she was settled in her seat comfortably. Nandini tried reading the book, she brought from the bookstore but no use. It was as if the death of her father had uncapped all of the thoughts she had been holding inside her.

Almost at once she turned stubborn, irritated and angry as a child which she never was.

She remembered Reema complaining to her father, about it and he had decided to send her away to a boarding school.

Nandini remembered being the most happy when she was sent away unlike the other kids.

She seldom visited home on her holidays and her father didn't even care about it. It just grew distant after Reema gave birth to a daughter Inaya, who was an exact copy of her mother. Hell Lotta sweet to others on the outside and spewed venom on the inside.

They never got along well, and her father was too much into his new family to notice that she didn't visit home even on holidays.

That's why she grabbed the perfect opportunity to move out when she was made it through the written test level.