Chapter 21

A few minutes later I was out of the bathroom, Aaliyah has told me that she wanted to show me something in her room. It was the second room to the right, but I didn't know if she counted the bathroom or not but at the end, I felt that perhaps she didn't.

There was a room at the end of the hallway and two rooms next to each other. One with an open door and the other with a closed one. If I was correct then it must be the one with an open door.

I stood in front of it and I got closer to the door so I can knock I didn't look inside as I did because that was so misbehaving, what if it wasn't Al's room? I knocked three times. No response. Maybe Aaliyah was downstairs but I still couldn't just enter her room without asking. I was leaving when something caught my attention.

A cork board which was hung over a desk, it had so many superheroes related posters around it, but what was pinned on it weren't anything similar to these posters, in fact, I couldn't believe what was hung there.

Was it a picture of...me? It was hung on a cork board a long with other pictures. Some of me, a lot were of Aaliyah and her mother. My curiosity got the better of me so I started entering the room. It was wrong, so wrong but it is not everyday you find pictures taken of you without you knowing.

Some of them were of me and Starlight, I was riding him so it must be before the accident. It was really clear that all my concentration was on riding him, I had a confident smirk on my face and the photo looked so alive that I felt that I can actually see myself riding so fast.

Another one was of me in the stable brushing Starlight, oh I missed him so much. Brushing him was one of my favorite hobbies, actually, anything done with him was so much fun to me. He was like my Best friend in the whole world. It just hit me then how disappointed he must be that I have never visited. 

David must be taking care of him. I missed David too, I don't know how come he never visited or checked on me even though Lexi has told me he was in the hospital the whole time.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" Aiden muttered.

If my legs were still...controlled by me, I am sure I would have jumped like I frightened kitten. But I was sure my heart has done the job. I turned slowly, "I thought this was...I am..."

"I am not a stalker." He blurted. "I just... the whole thing is that I am into photography and you are really...inspiring. This is stupid...I am stupid but I am not a stalker."

"I never said you were," I replied holding my laugh as I saw the clear red color on all of his face. "I am sorry, I thought this was Aaliyah's room and I shouldn't have entered anyway but I saw the pictures and I couldn't resist."

"Have you just said you were sorry?" he looked alarmed.

"Yeah I did and I also said that I thought this-"

"Wow, you actually apologized. Without hesitating." He said more to himself than me.

"I can be nice, but only if people stopped being annoying," I replied with a shrug.

 I knew that I wasn't a person to apologize often but I used to feel that when you apologize you lose some of your pride and then people would feel better about themselves and would think of you as someone who is weak. Maybe there are people who would believe so but Aiden wasn't one of these people.

Aiden smiled a little and I returned his smile then he rubbed the back of his neck quickly. "About the photos I-"

"They are beautiful. Not only because I am in them," I interrupted" Maybe because you are a little bit of talented"something I really liked about Aiden was how he never seemed to get bothered of my teasing. Lexi usually rolls her eyes and some people would get annoyed but he usually just laugh.