Chapter 11

"What the...?" Lexi was gaping once she saw me at the top of the stairs, she was waiting at the bottom with her phone, she looked like she was texting someone but she stopped when she heard the stupid wheelchair.

"What?" I demanded.

She pressed her lips together then her eyes went to my pajama pants which I was wearing on a dark green top with a leather jacket over it. "Are you...uh..done?" She asked.

Was it really that bad? I shouldn't even have tried, I...should just stay in the house away from people, no one should ever see me like this; weak, helpless and...broken!

I turned that thing which now I have to rely on for moving, "Briana, wait- I...I didn't mean it like that!" Briana entered her room and started crying, she really wanted to cry right now.

I would have never thought about going out like that before, not in a million years! But here I am! I am fragments from who I used to be!

"Bri?" Lexi said slowly.

I am crying! I am crying! No she can't see me like this! I wiped my cheeks. "G-get out!" I sobbed. 

"Three years and you are still the same" she said with a shaky, quite voice. "you never let me in no matter what, I try harder and harder but you never give me a chance, Bri" 

I still didn't look at her, but I felt my heart ache like it was just hit by a rock. 

"Me, David, Tia, Aaliyah and...Aiden, we all want to be here with you." She said.

"Aiden and Aaliyah know about this?"I turned around to look at her, my mother's money was useful in one thing actually; getting me this really advanced wheelchair which costs thirty thousand dollar. I can turn around using some buttons on the handle of the chair.

I wonder how sad she was to spend money of me.

But I have another thing to worry about now, "Why would anyone tell them! You didn't even ask me...I am not even that close to them!" 

"Is that all what you care about, really Briana?" I didn't reply. She shook her head, "They have been there the moment they knew about... about this!"

"Oh! He must be doing it out of pity then, so he would appear like the kind, nice,car-" I argued but was interrupted by Lexi. "Why do you always think that are acting! He is doing it because maybe he cares, okay? He and Aaliyah have wanted to see you since they knew you have been released." she was angry at first but she calmed down. "Aaliyah was worried sick and all of us was."

Lexi half sat on her knees so she was the same level as me. She fixed a strand of my hair behind my ear then she wiped my tears which I didn't notice. She was looking at me in the eye as the held my hand. "I really want you back, Briana. You are my bestfriend and I need you."

I looked away, I would have never thought that Lexi thought of me as a friend let alone her Bestfriend. All my life I was surrounded by fake friend, some who became my friends for my family name, popularity, money and a lot more things.

My only girl which I ever thought was my bestfriend left me after my grandmother died and I hate her so much for it. But here was Lexi saying that she is my bestfriend, that she wants to have me even if I am like this.

She turned my face so I am facing her again. "We will pass this...together." 

I found myself smiling as she hugged me tightly, making sure to stay away from my legs but not too away to make me feel it. She was doing it right, just as she does everything else.

I hugged her back, I haven't hugged anyone for so long, but it felt like it was a promise that she would be here no matter what. I could hear her sniffling "Don't you dare cry on my favorite leather jacket, you hear me Stewart?" I said while blubbering.