Chapter 2

The world around me was a blur of light.

I can hear nothing except for the echo of Starlight's hoof beats, strong and loud as they hit the floor. My hair is flying behind me even though it was tied. I can feel my heart racing; I can hear its heartbeats beating with joy.

This feeling can never be explained, but only while riding Starlight do I feel like this. Like I am unstoppable like I am free.

I still remember the first time I rode a horse I was six then and I didn't want to be here then. I remember how I held the reins with shaky hands while my face was wet with tears. My parents forced me to come here because they were too busy to take care of me.

Once Starlight started moving I was terrified, but with every step, he took the smile on my face grew wider and wider. I looked then at my grandmother, the only person who cared about me and she was clapping her hands as she was so happy to see her granddaughter become a rider as she once was.

I knew that even if I didn't choose to come here at first place, I still can choose to stay here willingly.

"You are not going to win this time, Williams" Emily muttered as she passed me.

Ugh. I rolled my eyes even though I knew she won't be able to see it.

Emily has been training with me since we were kids, she is a good rider perhaps one of the best in this stable. But I wasn't one of the best, I was the best.

She started going faster and faster. She really does want to win this time, unfortunately, only one person wins each and every time. This awesome person is me.

"Run, Star run" I whispered to him, kicking him softly but just that he knows that he really needs to run faster.

Starlight is one of the fastest horses in this stable and we train more than any other rider because there is one thing we love more than anything and its Winning.

He started running at a really fast pace. "This is what I am talking about I smiled victoriously as we passed Emily and she like usual was behind us.

The finishing line was getting closer and closer.

Emily didn't give up; I started seeing Reaper's white hair.

She was trying to keep up with me, fine, Emily you asked for it.

I kicked Starlight one more time and then he jolted making Emily disappear completely behind us completely as finally, we passed the finishing line.

I got off Starlight pretending that it was really easy to win Em.

"Oh Star," I said while rubbing his head. "When will some people know their actual places?" I looked behind me to see Emily. I smirked.

"Don't let your ego drive you mad, Williams" she said calmly.

I sneered "It won't, don't worry about me, you should worry about yourself" I took a step towards her." perhaps you should try another sport since it's really clear that you are not so good at this one" she stared at me blankly. "How about Tennis? Volleyball? Basketball? No, wait you are too short to play this one" I started laughing.

Emily was shorter than me she was about 5'3 feet while I was 5'7, she had short pink hair I don't know who would dye their hair in such a color but Emma was a weirdo anyway. Emily didn't have many facial expressions but she had those wide brown eyes which always reflected all of her emotions.

Right now they were filled with disappointment.

"I pity you, Williams" she pressed her lips together. "you don't have to act like that"

The crooked smile on my face faded, I know is what I wanted to say.

"I don't remember asking for your advice," I said in a low but a confident voice.

Emily sighed then held the reins of Reaper and left without another word.

"Briana when will you stop acting like a spoiled brat?" said a high angry voice behind me.

I turned to look at the source of the sound "Whatever Lexi"

"Don't Whatever me!" she replied angrily. "I don't even wanna talk to you!" she smiled at me her most horrible smile; it's that smile which can actually drive you mad.

"fine, even though I wanted to tell you a really interesting thing that happened yesterday" I replied while shrugging. She looked away from me.

"Still don't care"

"Yeah, even if it's about a guy," I said knowing that she will soon give up.

"Was he cute?" she muttered.

I started smiling proudly. "Don't you dare give me that look, Briana, I am still mad at you" I laughed then started telling her every detail of what has happened yesterday while we walked to the stable. She was my only friend, so it was hard to do anything without telling her.

"This is insane!" Lexi exclaimed Briana couldn't blame her the whole thing was weird anyway "glad you work with my really useful pieces of advice sometimes"

I giggled then a sound of alarm started beeping.

"Oh! You have to go to David now your thirty minutes break is over" Lexi said, Lexi wasn't just my friend she was actually working with David as an assistant in this stable, since she has always been here either to check on me or to wait for me, David asked her if she wanted to work here and she agreed because she is really a fan of the place.

"The new trainee arrived?" I asked I work here as a trainer even though I am just seventeen but David was always about how good are you and not how old.

"Yes, now go I have to check on tons of things plus I am still mad at you" she gave me her horrible smile before leaving, I shook my head then went to see David hoping that whoever I was gonna train won't give me a headache.

....

So here is the second chapter *yayyy* tell me your thoughts cuz I really would love to hear them.

Also if you want to see more of the characters you can the board on Pinterest which is called "Life From A Wheelchair"