54 + Food Fantasy

Chelsea's POV

I landed on the ground, panting to regain my breath.

Looking at the deserted field on Razor's side, I managed a grim smile. We had managed to eradicate all of the Game Master's Nen players, at a cost.

Beside me, Killua and Hisoka stood, looking as nonchalant as ever. However, their bruised and broken fingers betrayed them. Likewise, Gon stood in front of them, hands on his knees, panting from exerting too much energy in Nen.

Considering our current team state, our hope of winning this match wasn't dead. Yet.

Indeed, there was time for one more attempt at victory.

Gon, Killua, and Hisoka had positioned themselves for our last attack. The Transmuters braced themselves as Gon built up yet another blast of Nen energy. I contributed what Nen energy I had left through me and Hisoka's bond, compounding the energy ball's size.

This was it.

With a final cry, Gon let the dodgeball hurl towards Razor.

ㅎ ㅗ ㅎ

After a bit longer than I had expected, the resounding tumult of our ball game finally subsided. 

Razor sat out of bounds on the other side of the court, undoubtedly defeated. 

Hisoka stood, bearing a haughty expression as he finally released his Nen. Free of the Bungee Gum, the ball that had furiously spiraled Razor out of the area now rolled weakly onto the ground.

Hisoka had actually done something productive for once.

I was proud of him.

The cheers behind us gradually subsided as Gon approached Razor, face serious. 

A few moments later, however, Gon returned to us, signature smile slightly hinting at disappointment.

"How'd it go?" I asked. He only shook his head.

"Looks like I'll have to try harder to find Ging."

ㅇㅅㅇ

The sunset reflected beautifully on the rippling waters outside.

Not all of our endeavors today had failed, at least. 

The card Gon held was proof of that.

"It's Plot of Beach!" The young boy cheered happily. Spinning around to me and Killua, Gon gave us a crushing hug. "Thanks guys! I couldn't do it without you!"

Behind us, Bisky practically growled. I snickered inwardly. She had been excluded yet again.

"So, what are you guys gonna do now?" Gon said, breaking the hug and looking at me with glimmering eyes. "You could always tag along with us," he offered.

I was about to accept until a sinister nagging feeling started in the back of my mind. I frowned.

It felt wrong to abandon Gon after so much searching, but I had to do it for other reasons.

"Sorry, Gon, but I can't," I apologized, letting the sadness seep into my voice. 

However, Gon continued to bear his smile.

"I understand."

Without another word, Hisoka and I took leave of the group.

ㅇㅁㅇ