15

"Ne, Hisoka, stop!" Chelsea was laughing now. The way the clown acted when his bloodlust was suppressed reminded her so much of Totoro, and she liked being around Totoro. Right now, he had her in a hug, tickling her to death. Screw being a good family member, she thought. People needed to laugh sometimes, right?

She looked up at him through their embrace. If anything, Hisoka could be compared to a large, buff red fox. His golden eyes stared back at her, showing not only his playfulness but also a bit of deviousness. Yeah, that description was accurate.

Chelsea froze as the final door slid open and more footsteps approached. Five pairs of footsteps, to be exact.

Number 404, Kurapika, the announcer proclaimed, and Chelsea found herself grinning without restraint. He had made it. She saw Killua and Gon come in beside Kurapika, followed by an annoyed Leorio and Tonpa. They had made it.

She sprang out of Hisoka's arms before any of them could see her, running straight for Kurapika. Her friend. Her fellow clan member. They were together again.

Kurapika gasped as he was practically tackled from behind by Chelsea. Turning around, he cracked a smile as he noticed it was only her. Returning the hug, he was soon joined by Gon, who tugged Killua with him into the heartwarming welcome.

UwU

Across the room, Hisoka let a small smile tug at the corners of his mouth as he watched his fruit run off to welcome her friends. His fruits were all friends. How convenient. His bloodlust returned in full with Chelsea's absence, and his thoughts wandered back to her. She was one special fruit. To be able to increase his lust and suppress it at the same time... Hisoka abandoned this thought as they were all called to exit the tower, beginning the next phase. He would think of it later.

UwU

Chelsea eagerly skipped along beside Kurapika, listening to his story about the fake Phantom Troupe member and his time in the tower after recounting her own tale. The long-awaited sunlight streamed down on them as they left the tower. 

Kurapika smiled upon finishing his story. Chelsea found the way they finished the tower amazing. Having to choose between a difficult path for all five of Kurapika's group members and an easy path for only three people, her friends had gone with the hard path. Then, Gon had a brilliant idea to use the weapons in the room originally for them to fight each other to excavate a path through to the easy tunnel, where they had arrived at the end in a few minutes. Chelsea had to agree with Kurapika - Gon was one great friend.

Chelsea reached into her messenger bag (its kinda like Kurapika's but black with a wolf face, she's wolf-obsessed), searching for her headphones Hisoka had so kindly wrenched off her head a few hours ago. Instead, her hands came upon a smooth material. Pulling the object out, she saw it was her mask. The wolf mask her uncle had made for her when she first began training. Slipping it over her head and sliding it to the side, she found that it fit much better now.

Kurapika, Gon, and Killua noticed. "Wow, Chelsea-chan. That's a really cool mask," Gon complimented. 

"Yeah, where did you get it?" Killua added asking her. Kurapika just remained silent.

"I've had it since I was a kid, training with my uncle. He made it." The others hummed in understanding, and Chelsea took the blue and black wolf mask back off, tucking it in her bag. (It will be important.) Groping around in it again, she finally withdrew her headphones. "Now, who wants to listen to some music?" 

Killua's eyes lit up while Gon just stared at her in amazement as she pulled out her phone. "Whoa, what's that?" Kurapika and Killua mentally facepalmed. "I grew up in a place called Whale Island. We didn't have much technology," Gon said sheepishly, looking away as they walked. 

Chelsea smiled, selecting her favorite playlist of music on her phone. "Well, you'll get to experience it now, Gon."

OLO 

"Chelsea, I never knew you were such an-" Kurapika searched for the words. "-upbeat person." Chelsea stared apologetically at the blonde Kurta, realizing that dubstep might have been too much for the level-headed boy.

"That was amazing, Chelsea-chan!" Gon said, completely opposite of Kurapika's reaction. Their little group of applicants had stopped, listening to the instructions for the next phase. "The music really makes you feel good."

"Yeah," Killua said, half-listening while he had the headphones on for his turn listening. "My mom would never have let me hear this stuff." 

They all watched as Lippo and Bean called the first applicant to finish to come up, going in the order they completed the third phase. Hisoka strolled up, pulling a card out of a box in the very front, followed by Gittarackur, who almost destroyed the box. Chelsea ran up, doing the same. She returned to her group, tossing her card around. One side of it was covered with an adhesive, covering it from view.

"Now, peel off the seal and you will see a number. That is your target's number. Your goal is to take that person's tag while over there." Lippo turned, pointing at a small blotch in the distance. "Zevil Island."

"You'll need six points to pass this phase. Your own tag and your target's are three points each. The other applicants' are one each. You will have a week on the island to acquire the tags." Bean concluded the explanation as a ship arrived. "That will be your ride to the island. Good luck." The applicants all boarded the small ship.

TUT

"Good morning, everyone~. Today we'll be traveling to the amazing Zevil Island, arriving in just two hours!" 

Chelsea and Kurapika looked at each other, laughing lightly in amusement. The guide was just too cheery for the overall mood. No one reacted to her excitement. Not even Gon.

Thinking of Gon, Chelsea nodded at Kurapika and went looking for the boy. On her way over, she was relieved to see Hisoka sitting quietly in a corner, playing with his cards. He wouldn't be bothersome to her here. She walked over to Gon and Killua, sitting down in front of them.

"What number did you get?" No one made a move to show Killua, so he added, "Show our numbers to each other on the count of three?" Gon and Chelsea nodded in agreement. "Okay. One-"

They reached three and whipped out their cards. Chelsea had number 46, whoever that was. Killua had 199, and Gon...Gon had-

 Chelsea and Killua stared dumbfounded at the number 44 printed neatly on Gon's card. The sound of the waves was the only thing they heard for the next minute.

"Wha-What is that?" Chelsea pointed at the number. Hisoka's number. It was definitely taboo. 

Gon recovered next. "Umm, it's Hisoka's number." They sat in silence again, analyzing Gon's simple statement.

"How are you going to get his tag, Gon? This is Hisoka we're talking about." Killua sounded remotely worried for his friend.

"Well, as long as we don't fight, I might have a chance." Chelsea liked Gon's optimism but she couldn't allow him to do that.

"Gon, if it's okay, I could get the tag for you." The boys stared at her, and she realized what she had just revealed. Not caring, she went on. "Hisoka is less likely to be able to harm me, and I could help you distract-"

"No. I'll do it myself. He's my target, not yours." Gon't tone told her he wouldn't be changing his mind.

"Well, okay, Gon-kun," Chelsea relented. They sat in silence for a while, waiting out the two hours.

Then, Killua's voice came, carrying with it what Chelsea wanted to hear least at this moment.

"So, Chelsea-chan~" he began in a cheery voice. "What's between you and Hisoka?"

Chelsea gave him her best death glare, but Killua's annoying cat face seemed to absorb all of the impact. Her cheeks steaming, she shouted. "Why would you ask that, baka?!"