36

"Ah, what the f*ck?!"

Chelsea backed up, avoiding another slash from the guy's sword. This was not what she had imagined when she pictured her and Hisoka travelling to Yorknew. A long journey, but peaceful?

Not at all.

She disarmed and quickly finished the man off as more came to assail her and the clown, still cursing the Hunters' License they had used to pay for first-class train tickets. Apparently any sign of one of these magical cards attracted thieves like ravenous wolves to a carcass. Like now, perhaps, after they had used Hisoka's license. This would cost them even more time. She growled.

She was done with this.

Unleashing Totoro and concealing him from the men's eyes with In, she made short work of the clumsy fools in seconds. The bodies dropped to the floor in front of Hisoka, who continuously smirked as he showered some other men with cards, killing them all. As always, his stupid smile never ceased to exist.

Upon finishing, Chelsea called Totoro off and the train resumed its quiet journey to the city. She walked to her seat and sat back down, opening a book, trying to get back into her tranquil state.

She could still feel Hisoka's eyes lingering on her as she read.

Chelsea finally whipped her head up from the middle of her paragraph, even more annoyed now that she lost her place, meeting the man's amber eyes. "Do you have any idea how ticked off I am right now? Don't overdo it." She let her eyes stray back down to the black text. "Our unexpected visitors have already extended our journey to Yorknew enough, don't you agree?"

Hisoka hummed in agreement. "Of course, but no need to be so impatient.~" He took the seat next to her and resumed his original position as well, resting his head on Chelsea's shoulder.

The girl's eyes darted to the window, seeing the approaching cluster of buildings. Yorknew was in sight. Chelsea closed the book she was reading on Hunters and rested her own eyes as well. So many things were on her mind right now, one of them being her career as a Hunter. What kind of Hunter exactly she had no clue just yet. The indecision in the situation gnawed away at her calm state, being that ever-present feeling of anxiety in her mind.

The situation at hand made things a bit better - Yorknew City was only about two hours away now. She felt slightly more jubilant.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

"So you're actually taking me to the Spider?" Chelsea asked, using the word Hisoka had called the Phantom Troupe. "Aren't you concerned they might be dangerous?" she added, pretending to be wary.

Hisoka saw through her act, of course. "They wouldn't so much as even try to harm you, seeing as you know Machi-chan.~" He turned around and gave her an annoying grin. "And me, of course. Afraid of the Spider, Chelsea-chan?~" Her pride would certainly be hurt by this.

Indeed, it did. "What do you mean, afraid? I was just wondering how strong they were, you know, in case I might have to fight them." Chelsea cast a glance up at Hisoka as they walked along the streets of Yorknew, a tentative thought coming to her. "You want to fight someone of the Troupe, don't you?"

The clown hummed thoughtfully for a moment. "Possibly~"

"It's the leader, isn't it?"

This girl was fast. Hisoka hummed happily at Chelsea's insight. "Mhm. The mere thought of him turns me on.~"

Chelsea tensed as a small amount of bloodlust leaked from the psychopath. "Alright. Hurry on so I can meet this other fruit of yours, and you'd better not kill him right then, either." She picked up the pace to encourage Hisoka, thinking only one thought.