Wake Up Cas

“Hey Cas,” Dean murmured, “Listen, I’m not very good with chick flick moments, but I’m gonna be honest with you… I’m not doing so good. You’ve been out for three weeks now and I, uh, I don’t know what to do. We’ve gone weeks without seeing you before, and you’ve come to when you were hurt before, but never like this. You’ve never been this hurt, never to the point where we don’t know what to do. Hell, even Gabriel and Balthazar don’t know what to do!” He paused for a moment, hoping Cas would respond to him. When the angel didn’t move Dean continued.

            “Gabriel hasn’t left your side since he got here. Sam had to make up a story about checking the sigils just to get him out of the house. I know he did it for me, so I could be alone with you. For all the time’s he’s been a pain in the ass he’s a pretty good brother,” Dean laughed quietly, shaking his head, “I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but Gabriel’s a pretty good brother too. For all the shit he’s done, he’s here now. He’s here and he’s taking care of you when you need him. I know Sammy’s actually kind of hoping he’ll stick around once you’re better, but don’t tell him I said that… You are going to get better Cas. Balthazar’s off trying to find you a cure and when he finds it you’re gonna wake up. And when you do, there’s something I gotta tell you. So you better get your ass up soon so I can say it.”

            He stopped talking and stared at Cas, willing him to open his eyes.

            “Cas? Cas come on,” he pleaded, “Please Cas, please wake up.” He held Castiel’s hand in both of his and dropped his head to lean on them as a couple tears leaked out of his eyes.