Chapter 8 - Early Surprises

Start from the beginning

He was fast to leave. And I felt myself caving in again, crying like a baby.

I want my Michael back.

~

Michael: I could hear Angela cry after closing our bedroom door, and it tore me apart knowing I caused this.

It felt wrong to kiss her.

"Dad?" Lily called. She looked unsure as she came to me.

Hearing her calling me 'dad' was very weird. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that her and Eric were legally mine.

"Yeah, Lily?" I smiled.

"Is mom feeling okay?"

"No, not really," I rubbed my forehead. "Can you go to her? She probably needs a hug."

Lily hurried to hug me, "It looks like you need a hug, too, dad."

"Thanks, sweetheart."

"I'm gonna go check on mom."

She entered the bedroom and I decided to go check on the other kids.

When I reached the living room I was surprised to find AJ in Javon's arms, along with the twins who played on the floor.

"Daddy!" Rose chirped and ran to me.

Javon looked up at me, "She was whining so I picked her up. But I think she wants Angela."

"You meant Mrs. Jackson, right?" I raised an eyebrow. "And she's not feeling well right now, so I don't think it's the best idea that AJ would be with her mother."

"I'm sorry, sir. Is there anything I can do?"

"No, it's okay. I got it from here."

Javon nodded and stood up, placing AJ in the carpet. He disappeared outside.

"Daddy, I'm hungry." Rose said.

"Alright, how about we all go see what the chef made for breakfast?"

Her and Jared nodded, so I put her down and took AJ in my arms.

The other kids were already at the dining table when we entered. Lily joined soon enough and we all sat down. She looked kinda down, probably because her mother.

"Is mom not coming to breakfast?" Prince asked as he started eating.

"No, she's not feeling well, Prince. But after you're done you should go see her, to cheer her up." I answered.

"I will."

I grinned at him. I still couldn't believe how big he and Paris were.

Lily was playing with the food on her plate.

I looked at her. "You okay, Lily?"

"It's mom... She was really sad before." she told me.

I didn't want to tell her I was the reason Angela was crying in our bedroom. The kids shouldn't be a part of whatever's going on between us.

"You know how hard everything has been for her lately. All we can do is support her in every way we can, right? So showing her how much you love her and care for her is the best thing to do. Okay?"

Lily nodded but didn't seem convinced, "She was never this sad before... Not even when daddy died."

"I'm sure she'll feel better soon. Your mom just needs to adjust to everything's that's happening." I said.

She went back to playing with her food, making sigh.

The last thing I need is for the kids to feel lost, too.