v. Escape

' I don't have time for fake friends anymore. Either be real or be Gone. '

As Clarke frantically moved around, finding something to break Anya free, Corey stood up and walked in a circle around all of these people she didn't know but felt immense sadness for.

It finally made her realise why her Mom took the risk for all those years when she'd help people in need, the one's who weren't strong enough or gallant enough to help themselves.

As Clarke broke the lock on Anya's cage off Corey heard the door open, she quickly ushered Clarke and Anya into the cage, realising there wasn't enough room for her and quickly ducking behind the wall at the end of the room, pulling herself up painfully into the arch of the ceiling and bending her body to lie there, keeping as still as possible whilst she heard the Grounders moaning and screaming at who she assumed was Dr Paige.

Once she heard the door click open and close again Corey waited a few seconds until she heard Clarke exiting to cage to drop herself down, landing with a thump on her feet as she felt the pressure of the fall jar her ribs painfully.

Corey quickly joined Clarke as they moved Anya over to the contamination hatch, Corey being the only one who actually read the sign and moving off of the floor hatch before it opened up.

As she heard the other two hit the bottom Corey crouched down and grabbed the handles of the hatch with her fingers as she slowly let it close. She hung there for a moment twenty feet from where Anya and Clarke had dropped into a dump of bodies.

When she was about to let herself fall down as the other two clambered out Corey heard noises that made her freeze on the spot, her ribs aching more the longer she hung there.

"Corey," Clarke whispered "Stay. There." She warned as her and Anya hoped into the empty skip, Corey bringing her legs up and hooking them into a few grooves on the hatch as she watched the Reapers approach and begin moving some of the bodies to the dump Clarke and Anya were hiding in.

As one of the Reapers began pushing the cargo trolley down the rails with the two women in Corey froze, not knowing what to do as she held on to the hatch for her dear life.

After a few minutes of waiting Corey heard the Reapers who were still near leave the opposite way the others had taken Clarke and Anya. 

With no time to spare the sixteen year old dropped down, biting her lip to keep from screaming out at the pain it caused. 

Looking at the railway tracks Corey spotted the ones the cart Clarke and Anya were in had been pushed along and quickly began to run down the tunnel as quietly as possible, following after them before she rounded another corner and almost ran straight into the two.

"Thank God." Clarke breathed as she quickly hugged Corey, handing the girl a new set of clothes as they all quickly dressed themselves before starting off down the tunnel again.

Corey realised with slight relief that she wasn't in some grounder blood banks clothes but instead old ones that must have been recently released from when the delinquents arrived.

She was happily wearing a pair of dark green jeans and a white/ grey flowing t-shirt. Over the top she'd thrown on an oversized mens leather jacket that had a fabric hood and black finger-less gloves stuffed in the pockets.

Clarke had luckily thought about Corey when she and Anya had grabbed clothes, but they'd only grabbed two pairs of shoes. 

The youngest Griffin was fine with it, she ran faster bare footed anyway and just had to remember to watch her step as they went.