iv. Medical Bay

' Someday I will meet someone who will not be Gone before I am ready to let them go. '

Corey sat with her back against the wall in the Delinquents sleeping quarters, she was over by the door lazily trying to think of something to do to pass the time as she thought about her lake. The one were she would spend hours running her hands through the clear water and meeting Lincoln some mornings.

A sudden thought came to mind that made Corey frown, suddenly very emotional as she remembered the book Lincoln had given her sitting in the blackened remains of the dropship miles away in the woods.

Interrupting her from her thoughts Maya walked in with Miller by her side, Corey instantly jumped up and threw herself into the dark skinned boys arms. 

The both of them groaned in pain but ignored it as they embraced, Miller having suffered a bullet wound whilst Corey still had her ribs to think about.

"Look who finally got released." Jasper joked as he smiled at Miller.

"Hey." He greeted as Corey pulled back, sitting on her bed underneath Clarke's.

"Miller." Clarke breathed out in relief as he nodded in reply "Glad your okay." She told him simply.

"Yeah," The boy smiled "Only took like? Three surgeries?" He joked with Maya before looking at Corey "Your lucky ass only had to suffer through two." He chuckled before looking up at Clarke sarcastically "I hear your fitting right in."

Clarke looked up confused before turning accusingly to Maya who had the decency to look sheepish in reply.

"Hey," Corey grabbed her cousins attention as Maya gave Miller his pills "Ignore her, she's nice really when you get to know her." She smiled causing Clarke to sigh.

"I've heard that before." The older Griffin mumbled as Jasper began trying -- and failing -- to flirt with Maya, Corey sharing an amused look with Monty from where he sat across the room.

An alarm began to buzz again causing Corey to wonder if Jasper and Maya were just that unlucky or if Clarke had stolen another key card. Considering her cousin was still seated above her Corey chose to believe the former.

Once Maya had explained that the alarm meant surface patrol was back and someone needed medical attention whilst the others went into quarantine, the delinquents stood around cluelessly waiting to be told what to do as Clarke left to check if it was their people, Jasper and Corey close behind.

As they reached where Maya and the other quarantine helpers where Clarke began demanding answers.

"Who attacked them?" She asked instantly.

"What are they doing here?" The man who was seemingly in charge asked as he looked at Maya.

Clarke ignored his question as she grabbed one of the key cards, walking to the door with Corey and Jasper trailing behind.

"Stop its not safe!" The same man from before told them worriedly as Clarke scanned the card.

"It is for us." The older blonde snippily replied "Let's go Corey, Jasper." She told them as she walked through the door.

"Someones gotta keep her outta trouble." Jasper defended as he followed after her.

"I'm just here because I'm bored." Corey shrugged before running after the other two down white walled and beautifully decorated halls.

"Clarke slow down!" Jasper warned as he followed her "These people are -- " He stopped as they entered the Autopsy room, seeing a dead body on the table in a bag as Clarke got closer.