Moving On

__________________________

'Chapter 5 - Moving On'
________________________

"So let's move on..."

It was late at night.

Sofia was fast asleep, dreaming away like a little angel.

Namjoon was sitting in front of his computer that emitted a strong, bright light that could blind anyone any second. For hours that seemed like minutes he was searching for 'single parent benefits'.

"Okay...what is this? 85% of nursery fee paid for...working single mothers..." Namjoon sighed. "I really need to go back to work, but...crèches tend to be pretty expensive nowadays. Ugh...my salary also dropped since I haven't been going to work for the passed few months..."

Namjoon proceeded to check the balance of his savings. "Hmm...half the money gone. Why Tiffany?! If you wanted to leave, fine! But at least you could've made it easier for me!"

A few minutes passed. Silence. Only the ticking of the clock could be heard.

Tick Tock

For those minutes, Namjoon has been thinking. Thinking so much until he has come to his final decision. He stood up, determined and stated, "Damn it! Forget everything! All the difficulties shall be put on hold! I'm going back to work, I'll work hard and I'll try to raise this child to the best I can!"

He finally slid in his bed and fell asleep with his decision planted in his head. He was ready for a change. He missed the sociable self that he used to be.

**

"Baby? Sofia~" Namjoon was kneeling by Sofia's bed, trying to gently wake her up. No more sleeping 'til late.

Sofia's small eyes opened slowly and gently, revealing a colour of chocolatey brown - they weren't bright, but they sparkled. Namjoon caressed her soft, rosy cheek as he tilted his head to the side, brightly smiling at her.

"Come on...we're going to a place full of babies and children~" He cuddled her close as he carried her to the baby changing "station" to dress her up.

~

He simultaneously prepared some milk and packed a bag with nappies, baby wipes, ointment and other essentials.

The strap of the bag on his shoulder and Sofia in his arms, Namjoon headed outside, locking the door behind him, and unlocked the car. He placed Sofia in her car seat and safely fastened the seatbelt. "Don't worry, darling, we'll only be in the car for a short while..." he reassured her.

Namjoon then climbed in the driver's seat, buckled his seatbelt, did some safety checks and started driving pretty slowly.

In no time, Namjoon has reached the destination. It was a few streets away from the main road, a place surrounded by a lot of grass and a park. The place was a huge, bright building painted with a vibrant shade of orange. It had a sign in a funky font coloured with rainbow shades that read: Little Wonders.

*Cute...* Namjoon thought, a smile appearing on his face.

~

Namjoon stepped inside, carrying the car seat Sofia was currently sleeping peacefully in, and was greeted by the fluorescent paint of the walls; the cute wall decorations, including drawings made by the kids; and a bunch of toys lying around. This was only the lobby.

He approached the front desk only to find a middle-aged woman greeting him with a warm smile. "Hello, sir. How may I help you?"

"Uhh...hello. I'm here to sign up my daughter to this crèche..." he requested, pointing at his sleeping daughter.

The receptionist slightly stood up to glance at the baby over the desk. She smiled at the little sleeping angel, her eyes forming hearts. "Awww...she's such a cutie~"

The woman rummaged through some folders to eventually take out a thin pack of papers attached together by a staple. She handed Namjoon the pack while mentioning, "You'll have to fill out this form...and meanwhile I'll get you someone to give you an induction—Oh! Jia!" The lady stood up to grab another woman's attention. "Jia! Come here, darling!"

That caught the woman's attention and she soon made her way over to the front desk. "Yes?" A soft melodic voice escaped her mouth, bringing music to Namjoon's ears.

"Uhhh...sir here wants to sign up his child to our crèche, once he's done with the paperwork can you please show him around..."

While the receptionist was talking and Namjoon completing the form, he couldn't help but take quick glances at the woman whose name was Jia.

Jia had an olive skin tone, medium hair as black as coal cascading down her back, and dark almost-black doe eyes. Her thin lips were tinted with a natural shade of pink then coated with a sheer gloss, and her eyes were lined with a thin stroke of eyeliner.

Jia nodded in agreement at the woman's words, and proceeded to tie her hair up elegantly into a loose low bun, insinuating she was ready for work.

Namjoon wrote some words until he placed his pen down and handed the receptionist his form to indicate that he was finally done. Jia then approached him, smiling softly as she did, "Hi...I'm Jia~ Nice to meet you..." She extended her arm out, waiting for a handshake.

Namjoon shook it. "I'm Namjoon..." he smiled back.

~

The two walked around, Namjoon still carrying Sofia in her car seat, Jia showing him the different areas of the nursery.

"I work with the kids...I look after them, play, feed them, potty train some, teach them things (along with many others around here of course). I'm also a nurse here...I really enjoy working with children."

Namjoon nodded as he handed her Sofia. "Please look after her well. She's really special to me..."

"Of course, the carers here are very gently and sweet," Jia reassured.

They both said their goodbyes and Namjoon headed out to go to work.

He thought that would've been one of the only times he would see Jia.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thoughts? Please vote, comment and share!

Until next time!