63: let the river run / jikook

Start from the beginning

jimin shakes his head. "nuh uh. it's a long story... um, one of jongin's customer's friends, guk, he was at the apartment when i was breaking up with jongin, and he shushed hyo back to sleep when he woke. long story short, i live with him now."

taehyung raises a plucked eyebrow, dubious. "dude... that's hella sketch, you sure you're alright? he isn't some junkie?"

jimin laughs. "his name's jeon jeongguk, he's twenty and works as a tattoo artist, he likes banana milk which is weird. he's really good with kids, comes from a family of four where he's the black sheep, he's obsessed with something called boku no hero academia and haikyuu—"

"okay, okay, i don't need his life story, darling," taehyung laughs deeply, smiling. "you're doing okay, though? he takes care of you?"

"yeah. he makes me happy, taetae," jimin smiles, and taehyung smiles back. "anyway! how are yeontan and hyungwon?"

the two talk for thirty minutes, and make plans for taehyung to come over—in fact, jimin might ask jeongguk if he can invite all his friends over for a get-together, maybe with a few glasses of wine and a movie. jimin, truthfully, misses his best friends, as he hadn't seen the boys much since jongin started doing all the drug stuff, and he feels bad for that. he'll talk to jeongguk about it.

as he walks to the kitchen, his phone rings again, this time from yoongi, and he answers as he walks in. yoongi's face pops up, pixelated onscreen, lips painted red and glossy and eyes bright. "jiminie! where have you been?"

jeongguk looks up at the voice, passing jimin a plate of toast and a cup of coffee. "well, i've moved, yoongi-hyung. jongin is history."

yoongi fistpumps the air a bit too excitedly, and jimin notices how his shoulder length black hair is tied up in a messy bun on his head, a pen stabbed through it. "yay!" he says, smiling widely. "you finally ditched him, thank god. where are you living? how is hyoseol?"

jimin glances over at jeongguk and hyoseol, the baby happily chomping down on his toast with his gums and jeongguk smiling, meeting jimin's gaze. "i'm living with a new friend, yoon-hyung. c'mere, guk."

yoongi cocks an eyebrow, image blurring as he settles his phone down on the desk in his studio, crosslegged on his office chair. jeongguk stands crouched next to jimin, smiling softly. "hi."

"okay, no rudeness meant, but who the fuck are you?"

jimin bursts into laughter, covering his mouth with his hand. "don't mind yoongi hyung, jeongguk, he's just like that."

jeongguk laughs, grinning. "i'm jeongguk, jimin's housemate. you're his friend, right? he mentioned you."

"best friend," yoongi corrects nonchalantly, filing his nails with a blasé expression, before looking up. "diminie, how's hyo?"

jimin switches the camera around, showing hyoseol with jam all over his face and a wide smile. yoongi coos, squishing his cheeks with his hands. "aww! cutie's eating solids!"

jimin and jeongguk laugh fondly, before jimin switches the camera back. "how's seokjin, hyung? and have you heard from namjoon and hoseok?"

"seokjin's opened his restaurant and it's doing really well right now, and namjoon and hoseok are working underground as MC's and DJ's," yoongi says, running his fingers through his hair. "everyone's pretty good right now."

UNIVERSE  /  BTS. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara