Chapter 5: Losing Hope

Krillin ran to Yamcha's body, hoping he was just unconscious, but sadly, that isn't the case.

(Krillin)"You must've had a feeling that this would happen. That's why you insisted on going before us! D-dammit!"

He held back his tears with all his might, while Vegeta smirked at what would be normally heart-breaking to anyone else.

(Krillin)"Why'd you have to go and get yourself killed, you stupid jerk!? What am I supposed to tell Puar and Bulma, huh?!"

(Nappa)"What in the hell was that Saibaman thinking?! I don't wanna see a draw, I wanna see a win! Come on, let's go to the next round!"

(Vegeta)"Calm down, Nappa! Let's give them a minute to clear up this trash from the battlefield."

Krillin stood up, and turned to Vegeta, so mad, that a vein was visible on his head.

(Krillin)"How dare you!"

He turned to his group, then to Yamcha's body.

(Krillin)"Everyone, stay back! Hey buddy, this is for you. I won't let you down...I'm gonna make them pay!"

He raised his hands up, and energy formed in them. One of the Saibamen got on all fours, and ran towards Krillin. He fired a yellow Ki blast, which was oddly slower than a normal one. All the Saibamen leaped into the air to dodge, leaving Nappa and Vegeta. Krillin pulled the blast up before he hit the two Saiyans, and it split into several different directions, vaporizing every Saibaman it hit. One of them hid inside a small cave in one of the tall stones. One of the blast went towards the Saiyans, and they took the blast head-on.

(Tien)"Awesome shot!"

(Gohan)"Wow! Nice job!"

(Tien)"Krillin, you doing okay?!"

(Krillin)"Yeah, but I'll be better when we finish off the last one."

The remaining Saibaman jumped out of the cave, straight for Gohan. Just before it got him, Piccolo grabbed it's arm.

(Piccolo)"Die..."

He raised it by it's arm, punched it in the gut, and threw it in the sky. He fired a beam from his mouth, and it left nothing but the Saibaman's skeleton. The skull fell to Chiliad's foot, and he crushed it with ease.

(Gohan)"That was a close one, thanks, Piccolo!"

(Piccolo)"You can keep your thanks, I wasn't trying to help you. It's just a warm-up, the real fight hasn't even started yet. You better watch your own back from now on!"

(Vegeta)"Is that the best you can do? This is gonna be a breeze!"

The smoke cleared around Vegeta and Nappa, showing that the blast didn't affect them at all.

(Vegeta)"Well let's get this started, there's no reason to drag this out."

The Z-fighters got into a battle stance.

(Chiliad)"Oh, the main event is about to start? Alright then, Nappa, you'll be the first to fight. Just don't kill the Namekian."

(Nappa)"Of course! Now then, I think I'll start with you!"

He charged at Krillin, and Piccolo moved in front of him.

(Piccolo)"Not so fast!"

He fired a Ki blast at Nappa, and he dodged at the last second, with the blast obliterating a nearby mountain. Nappa quickly moved around Piccolo, and kicked him in the stomach, knocking him into a boulder.

(Nappa)"It looks like this is gonna be more fun than I thought!"

He got into his battle stance, and started to power up. The ground began to shake, and small pebbles floated in the air.