Disappointment- Highschool!AU Cards

Mulai dari awal

Sure enough, she was swooning at him, and Diamond dismissed what he was feeling again. But a thought lingered in his head that he definitely was looking at him, not to his right. Just like every other thought that had such feelings, he ignored it, burying it deep in his mind, never to be dug up again.

Unless it was late at night and he would think about those moments again, starting to feel his body get those same feelings. But that didn't mean anything. He wasn't gay, he was just confused on how to react.

Diamond shook out of it and focused on what Rasmus was saying. Time flew by and suddenly, the bell rang and they all stood up.

"No homework for today because of the test tomorrow, be sure to study!" Rasmus called after them.

As Diamond was packing up, he was approached by a girl, who he knew to be named PebbleTeen. "Hey!" She grinned. "Are you busy at all? I was hoping maybe we could hang out at my place, maybe eat some pizza and watch a movie?"

Diamond paused but shook his head, still packing up. "I have three tests tomorrow and two are for AP classes, I can't afford to do badly. Sorry, PebbleTeen. I need to study."

PebbleTeen had a flash of something Diamond didn't recognize in her eyes, but nodded anyways. "Oh, that's too bad... If you change your mind, you know where to find me!" She told him before leaving.

Diamond swung his backpack onto his shoulders and just as he left, he caught a glimpse of Clubs. Clubs was staring right at him, a look in his eyes but Diamond didn't stick around to decipher what.

The next few classes went as they normally did, but at the end of the day, Diamond was opening his locker to trade out what he did and didn't need from his backpack. A figure came right up to him and leaned against the other lockers. Diamond was perplexed it was Clubs.

"Hey." He greeted casually.

"Hey..." Diamond echoed back, uncertainty. "Do you... Need something?" He cocked his eyebrows.

"Mmmhmm." Clubs nodded. "I need your help with studying for the history test tomorrow."

Diamond sighed, focusing more on organizing his locker. "Listen, I'm very busy and there's about five other students you can go to. I hear Tanith is top of her class in that particular subject."

"Yeah but you're top in our grade! Please, you're the best around and I can't afford to fail this test or my grade will drop." Clubs protested, crossing his arms.

Diamond paused. "I've got so many tests to study for." He tried to say.

"Everyone and their mom knows you'll do fine if you don't study." Clubs told him. "I just need one day."

As Diamond thought to himself, putting his binders in order within his backpack, Clubs reached out and grabbed his wrist, suddenly getting his attention. His heart palpitated. "Please." Clubs said, his eyes staring deep into his.

Diamond panicked and pulled away. "Fine!" He said quickly, then realized what he was saying. "But only if we meet at your place, it'll be better if we do it there."

Clubs let out a sigh in relief and nodded. "Sure. Here," he patted through his pockets before finding a pen and clicking it. He snatched his hand for the second time and wrote a series of numbers on it. "That's my number, text me when you're ready."

Clubs thanked him before leaving. Diamond watched him leave, then stared down at his hand. His heart still hadn't slowed down.

When Diamond got home, he entered the number into his phone, and texted him he'd come over at 7. Clubs texted back an address and agreed to the time.