Chapter 20: the day we return

Inuyasha and I didn't speak much for the rest of the night..

I felt really bad about all of this..

time skip>

we stayed up half of the night, watching the sky and enjoying the silence.

but by midnight we had gone back inside, he got tired and went to Kagome's room to sleep.

I was left alone and laid on my bed awake.

I stared at the glowing stickers on the ceiling, I had put up there when I was a kid.

I started to have a feeling come over me, it was uneasy.

I'm not sure what it was from..

but, at that moment I started to think about what would happen when we went back tomorrow.

I remembered what Inuyasha said and maybe that was why I should be on my guard.

I eventually fell asleep and had an odd dream.

Dream sequence>

I was back in the feudal era..

I felt panic, like something bad was happening.

Suddenly I see Sesshomaru rush toward me, and grab me, saving me from something or someone.

And then everything went black.

Dream ends..)

I roll over in my sleep, my eyebrows were burrowed and I lightly sweated.

I whimpered and woke up.

my eyes were so big, like beach balls.

my heart raced, and I was extremely flustered.

I laid there a moment, then I got up and entered the bathroom.

I turned the sink on and plugged the drain, I grabbed a hand towel and placed it on the counter next to me.

then cupped my hands and drenched my face in cold water..

I continuously repeated to throw cold water on my face, until I was fully awake and the sweat had washed off.

It wasn't even a nightmare and I felt so paranoid..

"it's okay Saki, it was just a dream, everything will be fine in the morning, there's nothing to worry about.." I said to myself in my head.

I couldn't stop thinking about it even after I laid back down, at this point I just wished the sun would come up already.

I've never had a dream that vivid before..

eventually, the sun did come up, and it was time for breakfast.

the sweet aroma of sausage and waffles ran into my nostrils.

mom was cooking..

"ahhh..." I thought.

I feel so much better now that I know it's finally daylight, I open my eyes and whip the blanket off.

I have to eat really quick and head off to town..

of course, i still planned on returning to the feudal era with Inuyasha, but I have so much shopping to do here first.

of course, all of it was for mom anyway, she works too hard and deserves help.

Kagome has to stay here and work on her school papers, and Sota.

I run into the kitchen, "Hi Mom!" I exclaimed.