Chapter 16: Inuyasha & Kagome

with my left hand on the dresser, I rub my eye.

I yawn, "Kagome, I'm sorry. but I'm really tired, I'm going to sleep for a few hours.."

"Maybe you can take Inuyasha in your room for a while.." I ask nicely.

"Oh, sure Saki.." She jumps up.

"I have a test and school work to do, but I don't mind," she assured.

Kagome seemed much nicer to Inuyasha since four days ago..

but even so, I'm sure they will have future quarrels.

I smile..

"is it okay with you Inuyasha?" Kagome asks.

He was quiet and just stared.

"Yeah, Sure.." He agreed in sort of a depressed tone, pulling up one of his sleeves.

Kagome headed to the door, and slowly Inuyasha followed.

"see you later Kagome, I'll be up for dinner tonight.." I lightly raise my voice for them to hear.

she turns, "okay. I'll be sure to tell mom.." she answers.

they exit and close the door when mom unexpectedly shows up.

"Kagome, I thought you said you'd be back in just a second. you've been gone for quite a few minutes, I had just decided to come check on you both.." mom cheerfully greets her.

Kagome was surprised and didn't know how exactly she was going to introduce Inuyasha, since there is no hiding him now.

she backed herself against the wall..

mom notices the stranger, "oh, who is this Kagome?"

"uh. umm. this is Inuyasha.." 

"Saki's friend.."

"he came by just before Saki went to bed, she said she was tired and for me to be his company until he goes home." Kagome made up.

mom didn't think anything of it and bought it, "well, dinner time is in a couple of hours. why not stay until then and eat with us?" she offered.

Kagome and Inuyasha stare at each other..

"umm, okay. sure," he replied coolly.

"wonderful.." mom closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly.

she opens them again and sees Inuyasha's ears, she seemed quite dazzled by them.

Kagome noticed how deeply she stared at them and got nervous.

mom suddenly reaches out and grabs them, and rubs them.

"oh, forgive me. I couldn't resist.." mom blushed.

Inuyasha's eyes widened and he whimpered nervously..

Kagome exhales in relief, but also in hopelessness.

"Um. Mom?"

"I and Inuyasha are going to go to my room and, uh. he's going to take a nap on my bed while I do school work.." Kagome blurted out quickly.

"Oh.." Mom says in a high tone.

"Alright then.."

"Have fun kids.." she asked.

"Sure Mom! see ya later!" Kagome grabs Inuyasha's hand and sped off to her room.

Inuyasha felt a little frightened the way she was dragging him down the hallway..

his eyes were as big as baseballs..

she flung the door open and ran inside with him, and quickly shut the door.

he rubs his head and fixes his sleeve, as she pinned her back against the door.

"if I'm not mistaken, Kagome."

"It seemed like you were afraid to show me to your mother.." he says.

she gazes at him, silently awhile.

"well, I didn't want her to ask too many questions."

"How would I explain that you're from the feudal era? and that the three days me and my sister were gone, that we met a half-demon, a priestess, and three full-blood demons all in those three days."

"and how Saki is a resurrected full blood demon, and I happen to be the reincarnation of a dead priestess who happens to be lady Kaede's sister."

"and all of this happened because of a jewel that was broken into two pieces and magically opened a portal in our well house?" Kagome overanalyzed.

Inuyasha blinked his eyes funnily while trying to process all of the information.

after a while, he still thought and didn't speak.

she exhales, "see how confusing it would have been.." 

"Even I'm having a hard time processing what I've just said.." she adds.

he sat on the floor with his hand over his chin..

Kagome exhales again, blowing the hair out of her face.

"well, anyways. I have to start on my papers.." she walks to her desk as the orange glow of the falling sun lit up her bedroom.

"what should I do?" he looks up and asks as she sits down.

"uh.." she thought a moment.

"here.." she grabs a picture book from her desk drawer.

"I used to look at pictures in this book all the time when I was a kid.." she hands it to him.

he takes it but had no idea what it was.

he inspects it quickly, turning it around and around on all sides.

"you don't have to sit on the floor, you can take my bed.." she says.

"maybe he'll fall asleep, he looks awfully exhausted.." she thinks to herself.

"I know he and I don't exactly get along, but I think we'll warm up to each other one day.."

"as friends of course.." she boldly told herself.

or, maybe not just friends.

POV change> the feudal era> Sesshomaru>

in a widespread meadow, of tall grass and swaying daisies.

Sesshomaru was, staring into blue sky peaking over a hill.

the orange sunlight hit his face, making the deep orchid color of his cheek markings glare a bit.

Jaken was nearby fiddling in the flowers and grass looking for earthworms to eat Sesshomaru supposed..

Sesshomaru held a rose in his right hand, he picks it up to his nose and deeply inhales the scent.

"she's gone..." he mouths in a low concerned tone.

"I no longer feel her presence in this world.." he adds.

Jaken looks up, and for a while stares at him.

"worry not me Lord.."

"thy Lady is surely still here.." he says confidently.

to himself, Sesshomaru would know if I was dead,. or needed help.

because of our soulful bond, and the rose petals that seem to connect us further.

Sesshomaru truly did not know what has drawn us together..

perhaps, there is a past that he, let alone me. have forgotten?

perhaps there is..

Author's note: thank you for waiting, thank you for voting, and thank you for commenting. sorry it has been a long wait but i am back with another update.