you missed the turn

jinyoung glanced down at his phone, checking the directions yugyeom had given him one more time. he was pretty sure he was at the right mcdonald's.

"jinyoung! over here!", a voice shouted and he looked up, spotting a smiling, dark haired boy waving him over. he calmed down at the sight of yugyeom, walking over and slipping his phone into his pocket.

"were you waiting long?", he asked as he approached the group. he recognized bambam and yugyeom easily, and a boy with curly hair and another with dyed blonde looked familiar. they were the two from the restaurant. another one, definitely taller than both chris and felix but not taller than yugyeom, didn't look familiar. he had soft features, but looked annoyed at felix as the other hung off his arms. yugyeom shook his head in answer to his question.

"no, the others only got here a couple minutes ago."

jinyoung nodded. he bit his lip nervously. "so, uh, what are we doing?"

"i suggested bowling", chris spoke up. he pointed at the tall kid. "but this kid here says he's never been and he doesn't know how."

the other rolled his eyes. "i bet i'd still beat you and felix."

"i'd let you beat me, seungminnie~", felix cooed, staring up at the other. the kid, who jinyoung now knew as seungmin, rolled his eyes.

"get off of me."

"but i can't help it! you're so cute."

bambam fake gagged next to jinyoung and the older chuckled quietly. yugyeom appeared on the other side of jinyoung, touching his arm slightly.

"ok, well, i think it's up to jinyoung, since he's the oldest and all", chris said, interrupting felix and seungmin's arguing. they all turned to look at jinyoung. "what do you say?"

"uh", jinyoung stammered. "bowling, i guess?"

"great, bowling it is then!", bambam said. he wrapped an arm around chris's shoulders. "i'll go with chris, seungmin and felix can go together, and yugyeom can go with jinyoung!"

jinyoung felt his heart speed up a bit and he swallowed nervously, trying to keep the heat from his cheeks. yugyeom smiled down at him sweetly.

"we'll meet you all there!", bambam said, already dragging chris off. seungmin watched them with raised eyebrows.

"they're probably going to make out in his car, right?", he asked. everyone nodded and then headed off to their separate vehicles.

jinyoung opened the door for yugyeom out of habit and the younger glanced at him, chuckling slightly. "what a gentleman", he murmured as he slipped into his seat, making jinyoung flush.

they started off, jinyoung turning the radio up so he could avoid talking to yugyeom. a few minutes into the drive, yugyeom leaned forward and turned the volume down, looking over at jinyoung.

"i have a question."

jinyoung hummed in response, keeping his eyes on the road.

"how was i your first kiss if you dated doyoung?", he asked. the question made jinyoung's eyes widened, and he nearly slammed on the brakes in surprise.

"what?", he asked, as if he hadn't heard the question. yugyeom started to repeat it again but jinyoung cut him off by shaking his head. "no, i heard you. i guess...i was just surprised."

"you don't have to answer it if you don't want to", yugyeom assured him. jinyoung chuckled slightly.

"no, it's okay. um, he tried to kiss me. several times actually. but i refused him every time. i guess i just wasn't ready yet", he answered honestly, his heart speeding up a bit as the memories came rushing back. yugyeom nodded slowly.

"why weren't you ready?"

jinyoung furrowed his brows, thinking. "well, i guess...when i kiss someone i want it to mean something. if i'm going to kiss someone, it has to be a commitment. i'm not going to kiss someone if the relationship is just going to end a few weeks later. i want it to be special."

yugyeom was silent for several seconds, looking down at his lap. "i'm sorry", he whispered.

"for what?", jinyoung asked. yugyeom took a deep breath.

"it wasn't...my intention to take something so sacred away from you. i really do like you, jinyoung. i know we're not together, but...i really hope someday that we are. and when i kiss you again, it's going to mean something for you. i promise."

jinyoung felt his breath get stuck in his throat. how much he wanted to pull the car over right then and kiss yugyeom so hard they couldn't breathe. his hands tightened on the steering wheel.

"you missed the turn", yugyeom said. jinyoung nodded, but didn't turn around. he kept driving, eyes focused on the road. yugyeom furrowed his brows. "hey, you missed the turn-"

"i know", jinyoung interrupted, looking over at the younger. their gazes locked and yugyeom suddenly understood.

he didn't say anything else as they drove back to jinyoung's house.

a/n

heheheheheeheheheheeheheheehe