chocolate cake

the night was going horribly.

yugyeom knew that jinyoung had guessed why he was here with bambam, chris, and felix by the way he refused to look at yugyeom and kept passive aggressively setting down plates in front of him and felix. he was itching to speak to him, but he didn't want to be rude. felix seemed so confused too. he kept shooting questioning glances at chris, who simply shrugged. he knew as much about it as anyone else.

bambam and yugyeom had also been awfully quiet the entire evening, not even looking in each other's direction. chris and felix tried to lighten the mood, but not to much avail.

yugyeom finally decided that he would talk to jinyoung as soon as he got the chance that night.

jinyoung, on the other hand, was currently begging his friend to switch him tables for the fifth time that night.

"sorry park", he refused again, grabbing his plates and rushing out the door. jinyoung sighed defeatedly and grabbed his own plates. four slices of chocolate cake for yugyeom's table. dessert meant that they would be gone soon, and jinyoung would finally be able to relax.

he walked out the door, standing up stiffly and plastering on a neutral expression. he felt his stomach twist as he neared the table. he could see yugyeom's mop of dark hair as he approached.

"chocolate cake", he said as he set the plates down. he set them down nicely in front of bambam and chris and practically slammed them down in front of yugyeom and his idiot date.

seriously though, a blonde? didn't yugyeom have any taste?

"thank you", chris said, still trying to play nice though the night had obviously gone horribly for all of them. jinyoung knew he wasn't getting a good tip, but at this point, he honestly didn't care.

jinyoung could feel yugyeom's eyes on him as he walked briskly away.

he went into the kitchen, collapsing on the nearest stool and groaning. his eyes wandered to the screens that displayed the camera footage of the restaurant. he couldn't help but stare at yugyeom's table.

his heart rate sped up as he saw yugyeom stand. he watched as the younger walked across the restaurant, stopping a few feet away from the kitchen doors, stepping out of servers' ways as they left the kitchen.

jinyoung whipped his head around, spying yugyeom through the glass on the doors. he knew that the boy must be waiting for him.

he didn't move for several seconds, trying to decide what to do. he looked around the kitchen desperately. "hey, kim!"

his coworker turned around, questioning. jinyoung smiled guiltily. "can you take care of my table while i go to the bathroom real quick?"

kim nodded and jinyoung was gone, rushing out of the kitchen and grabbing yugyeom's arm harshly, marching both of them to the bathroom. yugyeom stared at jinyoung once they got inside, his eyes wide and surprised.

"what do you want?", jinyoung hissed, whipping around to face the other boy. yugyeom gulped and looked down, a dark red blush staining his cheeks.

"i wanted to talk to you."

"about what?", jinyoung asked harshly. he placed his hands on his hips. "about the fight, or about the fact that only two days after it you went on a date with some random ass blonde?"

"both", yugyeom replied, looking up with large, sad eyes. jinyoung cursed himself as he felt his anger melting a bit.

"fine. then say it."

"ok, first of all, i'm really sorry for kissing you. it's just...you're so cute and even though you act like you hate me, i think we really connect and i really, really like you, jinyoung. i understand if you don't feel the same way though. i'm kind of a fuck-up." yugyeom finished with a deep breath. jinyoung stared at him, his heart beating heavily against his chest.

"and second of all", yugyeom continued. "i don't like felix. like, at all. bambam asked me to go on this double date with him and chris because he likes chris and he thought this would help them get together. i didn't want to, but i did. so don't think that i'm going to move on from you so fast. i still like you, and only you."

jinyoung couldn't take his eyes off of yugyeom. he felt the urge to just lean forward, grab him by the collar of his suit, and shove his lips on his. the memory of his first kiss still burned on his lips.

another part of him still burned with anger. how dare this idiot who hadn't even graduated high school yet take away the sanctity of his first kiss without even asking?

"you act like you don't know what you did", he growled. yugyeom stared at him, his eyes narrowed with confusion.

"what?", he asked. jinyoung rolled his eyes, not falling for it for a second.

"don't play stupid. i know that your "best friend" bambam probably told you as soon as i said it."

yugyeom's face changed and he shifted his weight, crossing his arms over his chest. "what do you mean? what did bambam not tell me?"

he seemed genuinely confused but jinyoung was still too angry to care. he hated this boy for playing with his feelings. he hated him for making him fall so far down this damn hole only to play with him like he was some kind of toy. he hated that he had to be so damn cute and perfect.

"why don't you ask him?", jinyoung spat and turned on his heel, stomping out of the bathroom and leaving yugyeom behind. the other boy stared at the door as it closed, his mind racing.

did bambam lie to him about talking to jinyoung? was he keeping something from him?

yugyeom ran out of the bathroom, rushing through the restaurant back to his table. he was  fucking done with bambam. he was sick and tired of him putting himself and his relationship with chris before his supposed best friend.

he stomped up to the table, burning with fury. chris was filling out the check and glanced up at him as he saw the other boy appear. bambam looked up too, a questioning expression on his features. felix set down his fork, looking uncomfortable.

"what the fuck is wrong with you bambam?!", yugyeom exclaimed. bambam looked around, his cheeks tinted red with embarrassment when he saw all the people now staring at him.

"yugyeom, quiet down-"

"this is the second time you have fucked with my relationship!", yugyeom yelled, just as loud. bambam looked down guiltily and felix furrowed his brows. "jinyoung hates me and it's all your fault! and now i find out that you lied to me about talking to him?! what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"yugyeom-", bambam started. yugyeom shook his head furiously.

"shut up. i don't want to hear your excuses. all you care about is banging chris, right? it doesn't matter how yugyeom feels! it doesn't matter if yugyeom is suffering because all that matters to you is getting dick! i like jinyoung so much! i think i've fucking fallen for him, bambam! and now he's never going to forgive me and it's all your fault."

with that, yugyeom stormed away, outside of the restaurant, leaving chris, felix, and the rest of the restaurant with their mouths hanging open in shock, and bambam staring at the table in despair.

a/n

oooooo drama