C.42

I raised my eyebrows, looking at the Avengers, Peter, and Strange when they entered the kitchen. I was thankful we had a huge house just for this.

"Good life you two seemed to have built here." Steve nodded.

"We like to think so." I hummed.

"How much of a chance is there of you coming back to New York?" He then asked.

"None." I breathed a short laugh, and got looks from them. "I have a job I like here. Azzie's going to school soon. The dogs like our yard. The list goes on." I shrugged.

"Loki." Thor looked at his brother, and Loki's eyebrows just furrowed.

"Don't even think about asking me to leave." He shook his head.

"You could help so much. Continue to redeem yourself." Thor tried, and Loki's eyes just narrowed.

"I'm not leaving my family, brother." Loki said firmly.

"Yeah, there's really no point in asking." Peter P shrugged, and he got a few stares. "What? I mean, come on. Asking him to leave Ana is one thing, but asking him to leave his kid? Really?"

"Thank you." I sighed thankfully to him.

"You two could be huge helps." Steve said, and I shook my head.

"The MCU has ended." I said. "When Thanos was defeated, that was the end of the series. We got nothing else. I don't know the future anymore." I shrugged. "Sorry, I'm useless now."

"And it's not as if any of you truly trust me anyways." Loki said with a shrug.

"But you have a family now. You live a domestic life. To me, if not for everyone else, it makes me trust you a little more." Natasha said.

"And if you even begin to think that I would betray you for something better, I feel sorry for you." Loki smiled a little.

"Would you betray them?" Tony nodded to Azzie and I, Azzie just eating his fruit, probably listening, but looking like he didn't care what was going on.

"Idiot, I'd betray others for them." Loki hissed, and I felt pride and love swell in my heart.

"And you? You're on board with this?" Tony stared at me.

"Sorry, let's recap. I'm the person who tricked Thanos into thinking that he finally killed the guy who has come back from the dead twice before." I tilted my head at him, and saw his shock. "Yeah, that wasn't Loki's plan. It was mine. I'm a conspirator, too." I shrugged.

"Hope it doesn't run in the family..." Tony grumbled, and my stare turned into a glare.

"You know most accidental deaths happen in a kitchen, Tony." I didn't even try to hide my tone.

I saw Loki peek behind me and grab one of three phones resting on the counter. I continued to stare Tony down as he unlocked my old phone, and Peter immediately recognized it.

"Are you still running that account?" He spoke up, and a smile came over to my face.

"Yeah. Oh my God, yes. It blew up, dude. Got us so famous over in my reality. A-listers follow it." I said, and he looked stunned.

"Congrats." He hummed, and I smiled out a 'thanks.'

"The funniest bit is that," I pointed my finger at Tony. "His actor just loves me. And he used to apologize constantly on how rude Tony is." I grinned, and Tony groaned.

"It is a bit weird, though, when my actor interacts." Loki hummed, and I nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry, am I the only person here still stuck on the fact that they have a child?" Thor asked, and Loki and I just sighed. "Are you sure you actually birthed him?" Thor looked at me.

"Yes, I'm sure. I was there." I stared, then sighed. "Look, since he's ours, he's half human half Frost Giant, right?" I asked and Thor nodded, and I leaned down to be eye level with Azzie.

"Hey, Azzie. Would you mind showing Thor your special power?" I asked, and he looked over at Thor as he turned blue with red eyes, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why are you questioning them so much?" T'Challa asked.

"Oh, there is next to no trust. Never has been." I shook my head. "When I first came to this reality, I was their prisoner."

"I was, too, years and years ago. Then forced to stay with them to redeem myself." Loki said.

"You terrorized Earth." Tony said.

"It was a city. And it was ten years ago." I rolled my eyes over at him. "If we're going to focus on shit in the past, let's not just focus it on one person, hm? What's some things you've done that aren't exactly squeaky clean, Tony?"

"Yeah, man, she's got a point." Peter Q nodded.

"I'm sorry, but he destroyed the city with an army of aliens." Tony huffed.

"Yeah, ten years ago." Gamora shrugged. "Has your city not been attacked since?"

They were silenced as yes it has, multiple times since, and they knew this.

"You come unexpectedly to their home, criticize their marriage, the family they have made, and you want to relocate them, and if not relocate, force them apart. And it is clear that you do not trust them, but what have you done to make them trust you?" T'Challa said, and I was glad to see that both Shuri and Okoye, and all the Guardians, seemed to agree.

My stillness was broken by a nudge at the back of my knees, and I looked down and saw both Daisy and Jordan looking back up. I rubbed both of their heads and left Loki's side to open the back door for them. They walked with me, but went running out, and Azzie looked out the window at them. Shuri smiled and picked him up and took him outside, and I smiled thankfully at her when they passed, and quite a few others went out to join them, as there was far less tension outside than in the kitchen.

I turned to Tony with an angry glare. "You remember years ago when I challenged you to guess my story?" I asked and he nodded as I stepped away from the door.

"I wasn't ever going to admit it to you, but you were right. My dad did neglect me. He saw me more as a chore than his kid, and when I was three, he ditched. He bankrupted my mom and I when he walked out, and I would drive the forty five minutes to my hometown from here if I thought for maybe a second you would care the slightest about how bad of a town I grew up in thanks to him leaving us broke. I didn't have a good family. In fact, I ditched my dad's side when I was twelve, and my mom's when I was sixteen." I stared at him.

"But I have a good family now, and I am not going to let you fuck it up. Hear me?" I said in a hard voice, and Tony stared for a moment before he looked away and nodded.

"Good." I said with a little smile. "Try any of that shit again, I will come for your blood."