C.4

"No lying." Tony warned, getting comfortable leaning against the glass as he began to think.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Anita." He tried.

"Nope."

"Annalise?"

"Nope."

"Annamaria." He said, and I only shook my head. "Marianne."

"Nope." I said, and he sighed, thinking again.

"Annalee."

"No."

"Anais."

"Good guess. But no." I shook my head again.

"Anneke."

"Nah." I hummed, still scrolling on my phone.

"Anya?"

"No. Give up?" I asked.

"No. Can I have a hint?"

"No." I smirked.

"Andromeda."

"Another good guess. Nope." I then looked over. "Bring up Google if it'll help you."

So he did so and went through dozens of names, none of which were mine. It was frustrating him, and just amusing me.

"The two most annoying things is that I would never find my name on shit in gift shops. That, and people never pronounce it correctly." I pursed my lips. "I'm almost tempted to just spell it for you to see how you'll butcher it." I hummed.

"Well, now I'm tempted." Bruce sat up, looking interested.

"Oh, but that'd be giving in too easily." I frowned, sitting up in my bed.

"Come on!" Tony groaned. "Help me out a little here."

"No way. I like seeing you struggle. Makes me feel better." I gave a smug little smile. I could see Loki smirking and looking proud a little ways away.

Nice.

"Sadist." He hissed, which didn't hurt me at all. "Can't you tell me how many letters it is at least?"

I hummed and thought about it. "Alright, but if you still don't get it and you give up, because you are never going to guess it, I keep it to myself for however long I want." I grinned.

"Sure, whatever. Deal." He nodded.

"Five letters." I answered and looked back at my phone.

"Five! What kind of difficult name has only five letters?" He asked in disbelief.

"You'd be surprised." I nodded slowly.

That narrowed his searches, but he still didn't guess it. Tony stood up with a huff minutes later. He said he wasn't giving up, he was just doing research.

"His determination is cute." I chuckled.

It was long until the others left to do whatever they had to, and they kept Loki pinned on me.

"Can I know?" He asked, and I looked up, deciding.

"Sure. Only because I like you." I grinned, typing it down in my phone and taking it over to him to read.

'Anael - pronounced N I L'

I watched his lips formed it slowly, then normally a few times.

"Pretty." He commented, giving me a little smile as I tucked my phone back in my pocket. "But why challenge Stark?"

"Gotta have fun somehow." I shrugged, a grin on my lips, and he smiled with me. "Would've thought you of all people would understand that."

"Trust me, I do." He nodded, a little mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

"What are you planning?" I asked, crossing my arms, stilling grinning at him.

"Just some fun." He gave a small shrug.

"Sounds dangerous." I hummed. "Count me in."

"Are you sure? You do know who I am? What I've done?" His brow raised.

"I said I liked you, didn't I?" My smile didn't waiver in the slightest, and Loki had this sort of happy look on his face.

"We leave for a minute, and you're already flirting." Natasha teased as she came back and checked up on the monitor for my cage.

"Let me live my life." I shrugged, and Loki just pressed his lips tightly together, hiding his smile.

Natasha gave me a teasing look before she left again.

"So, this plan?" I hummed.

"Still working it out. Sorry, I got distracted." He said, making me laugh a little.

"Promise you'll tell me when you've got it?" I asked and he nodded. "Hey, question, don't look too far into it, but has Ragnarok happened?"

"No. Why? Is it soon?" He asked.

"I said don't look too far into it." I rolled my eyes with a little smile. "Is Frigga...?" I started, then saw his face drop.

"I'm sorry." I said, and Loki just shook his head.

"It's no matter. She wasn't my mother anyway."

"Bullshit." I said, and he stared at me. "You may not have been Laufey's son, and you may not be Odin's son, but Loki, you've always been Frigga's son." I said, looking him dead in the eye so he understood me perfectly. I raised my eyebrows, and he nodded.

"Good. Now, what sort of fucked up timeline is this?" I hummed. "It's after The Dark World, after Homecoming, because Peter is here... but before Ragnarok... has Black Panther happened yet?" I wondered out loud.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"The timeline of your universe." I hummed, leaning against the glass as I thought. "It's... sort of in the right order, but wrong. It's wrong." I shook my head. "There's shit happening that would never happen."

"Like what?" Loki asked.

"One example, you being here. At SHIELD." I said, looking at him. "Not to offend you or anything, but in the timeline I know, none of them trust you after New York. They'd never let you stay at the tower, at least not without chains and being in a cage, like I am." I shook my head with a sigh.

"Then there's Peter. He's fucking adament on keeping his identity secret. So what's he doing just walking around SHIELD like it's nothing to him?" I said.

"You're right." Loki said, looking as though he just realized it.