C.9

I was watching a movie on my phone when they came in and turned the lights on.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked.

"Watching three teenage girls get kidnapped, psychologically tortured, killed, and eaten." I hummed and looked up to see his disturbed face. "It's a good movie."

"Sure..."

"Believe me, I could be watching worse things. At full volume." I said, then grinned. "I've been meaning to, actually. Just to see your faces."

"Okay, you're scaring him." Natasha came over and steered him down the steps. "What do you need to be ready to go into public?" She asked, and I paused the movie and looked up with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm going into public?" I asked.

"Press conference. Huge press conference. None of us will be able to watch you, so we have to bring you along." Tony said. "It's this afternoon, so we thought we'd ask."

I sat up a little. "Do I have to dress up?" I asked.

"It'd be best if you looked presentable. Professional." Nat nodded.

I hummed. "Well, I don't have clothes here that scream 'professional' so someone's gotta do something about that."

"Pepper's already working on that." Tony nodded. "We just don't have your dress size."

"How expensive is she buying?" I asked.

"Pretty expensive." Tony nodded.

"Zero." I nodded and he nodded and sent it to her. "I'm also gonna need makeup. I've already gone out in public bare-faced and that was extremely uncomfortable. The last time I was out in public with a bare face has been, hm, never. Ain't doing that again." I shook my head.

"Okay, what specifically?" Natasha asked, and I pressed my lips together and scratched my ear nervously. "It's a lot?"

"It's kind of a passion..." I admitted. "Anywhere from a makeup artist's arsenal to around how much a drag queen would own is good."

Tony closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Guess I'm going to Sephora."

"Just contact me for questions on shades when you get there." I smiled and he walked off.

I then spent the time until they came back working on not vomiting by sipping ginger ale. Around two hours later, it was twelve and the panel slid open and Bruce came to escort me. I had already brushed my teeth, washed my face and all that good shit, so I was ready to go.

I walked into a room with a giant table with palettes and containers and all kinds of brushes on it. There was a chair and a ringlight mirror.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life." I sighed, then walked over and began looking through them, memorizing colors. "What color is whatever Pepper bought?" I asked.

"It's black." Tony said and I nodded, and unlocked my phone, looking through my YouTube library for a certain playlist as I went to the water dispenser and got a plastic cup of water. I set it on the table and sat down, putting the playlist on shuffle, turning down the volume so it wasn't blasting, then turned the ringlight on.

"Ringlights are a godsend." I sighed and got the primer, spreading that across my face before the foundation stick I told Tony to get, along with Kat Von D's white concealer. I put that on my face and wet the beauty blender, then saw their reflections in my mirror.

"Are you just gonna stand there and watch me the whole time?" I asked, looking over.

"Call it a learning experience." Nat nodded, and I slowly nodded as I squeezed the beauty blender out and dried my hand before I began blending on my face and down my neck.

I did my best not to sing along with Beyoncé, and could see Tony's face in the mirror. "Tony, I swear to God if you say one word I will stab you in the eyes with eyeliner pencils." I warned as I grabbed an angled brush and a light brown contour color to get some of that definition in my face after I powdered over my base.

After contour, blush, blending, and brows, I failed at not singing along a bit. I kept myself quiet, sure, but when Love On Top comes on, you sing along. I kept my eyes to normal Instagram model like neutral coppery lids and black winged liner.

"Aw, you even got me lashes. How sweet." I smiled. "And black lash glue. Finally. Someone understands the importance of black lash glue." I sighed and chose a pretty natural looking pair out. I took so much care with putting the lash glue on, and waited for that to dry a bit as I curled my lashes.

"That looks painful." Steve commented.

"It's not." I said.

"Watching her do her waterline looked painful." Peter said.

"Yeah, that's not painful either." I pressed my lips together at them and blew on the glue before I carefully placed it onto my eye and let that dry as I did the other one. I then curled them again and did mascara.

After I highlighted, I picked out all the nude lipsticks and swatched them on the back of my hand, then did setting spray as I waited for them to dry so I could see the colors properly. I chose out one that looked just a few shades darker than my own skin tone, and smiled, locking my phone as I was now done.

"'Kay, cool, done." I hummed and stretched before I stood. "Whenever we get back, all this is coming with me to my cage." I smiled at it, then turned the ringlight off.

"That took forever." Tony groaned.

"It was less than thirty minutes." I said as I gave him a look. "I could've taken a lot longer. Also, we're not in any rush. It's not even one yet, and the press conference is at two. Also, nobody said you had to stand around and wait. That's all on you."

Nat then handed me a bag and I smiled at her before slipping into the bathroom.

"Don't get mad at her because she's right." I heard Clint say to Tony, making me smirk.