kim jinhwan - "loved"

jinhwan was sitting on his futon scrolling through his twitter feed.

your peaked your head around the corner playfully. when he didn't notice you, you flung yourself onto jinhwan's futon with no warning.

jinhwan yelped and threw his phone up into the air, "what the hell." jinhwan wheezed

you reached your arms out and grabbed the air around you, "i wanted your affection."

"you could've gotten it through asking," jinhwan noted.

"i know." you chirped."but it was much more fun this way, why be civilized about trying to get what i want?"

jinhwan folded his arms across his chest,"don't even. almost everything throughout history was civilized talk."

you let out a small giggled at his words, "that's not true."

jinhwan shifted his head upwards toward where you laid, "what do you mean it's not true?"

"the civil war in america, the separation of the 13 colonies from the british, and the mexican american war."

jinhwan shrugged and looked back up at the ceiling, "i'm not a history major like you."

you smiled down at jinhwan, "i think i would know that. mr.i want to be a culinary chef."

jinhwan bashfully hid his head into his hands and mumbled, "shhh being a singer isn't going to work forever. so when i'm done being in ikon then i'm going to be opening a restaurant so i can support you and our little girl."

"our little girl?" you quirked your eyebrow in confusion, "i'm not pregnant."

jinhwan nodded in content, "i know. but when you do i know it's going to be a little girl."

you shuddered, "stop talking about the future. it worries me."

jinhwan smiled, "the future worries you?"

"tomorrow is never promised jinhwan."

jinhwan sighed and took your hands into his, "no it isn't, but if you look at life like that then you'll be in fear of your life all the time."

you didn't want to look him in the eyes, not this time. because you knew if you did then you'd see a face that you hated looking at. the face of sorrow and dejection because he thinks he failed as your boyfriend. "don't give me that face." you cried

jinhwan sat up and stared at you with confusion and fear in his eyes, "what face?"

you sat yourself up to and placed your head in his lap, "the one where you feel like you haven't done enough. don't lie to me jinhwan. i know what you're feeling. i've known the moment the light in your eyes changed."

jinhwan chuckled and gently ran his fingers through your silky hair, "how can a moment that was pure happiness turn into pure anger and sadness the next?"

"words and actions. words and actions can turn the storm into calm. i guess it all depends how it seems." you shrugged, "i try not to think about it."

"then don't?" he said and smiled warmly.

"but i'm okay with what happened. we learned more about each other. we'll grow as we go." you whispered as you cupped his hands in your face. his eye twitched and his nose scrunched, "you know i hate when you do that without any warning."

you grew closer to his face, "because it makes you nervous?"

jinhwan shook his head no. he withdrew his head from your fingers and placed a chaste kiss on your cheek, "because i love you."

"what? that doesn't make any sense?"

"what? that i love you or that it doesn't make sense that i hate it because i love you."

"BOTH!" you exclaimed sporadically. 

word count: 563