Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Eden, who's your mate?" Jaxon asked again when I didn't answer the first time. I took I deep breath before speaking.

"Was," I said quietly, and Jaxon furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"He rejected me, so he was my mate, he's not anymore," I explained, looking down as tears threatened to fall. When Jaxon didn't say anything for a while, I looked up at him. His jaw and fists were clenched. "Jax?" I asked cautiously.

"Who is he?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Jax, it doesn't matter-" I started, but was cut off.

"Eden, yes it does! Your mate, the person that is supposed to love and protect you, rejected you!" He said, raising his voice.

"Yeah, you don't need to remind me," I snapped, making his eyes immediately soften.

"I'm sorry," he said, pulling me into a hug. My body shook as I sobbed onto his shoulder as all the memories of that night came back again. After a while, I finally stopped crying. I pulled away from Jaxon, wiping my tears away. "Please, Eden, tell me who your mate was," he said quietly, almost pleading. I sighed before answering.

"Leo," I mumbled.

"Leo, as in the alpha of our pack?" He asked, and I nodded. He growled, getting off of my bed. I immediately jumped up as well and scrambled to keep up with him as he exited my room.

"Jax, where are you going?" I asked, running to keep up with him. He was already at my front door, opening it and shrugging his jacket on. I briefly looked around outside, seeing that it was night time. We must have been talking for a long time.

"To go find Leo. Alpha or not, he's dead," Jaxon said, getting into the car. I hopped into the car with him.

"No, no, no. That's a very, very bad idea," I spoke quickly.

"Why?" He demanded. I opened my mouth to answer, but closed it, not knowing what to say. "Exactly," Jaxon said. I sat silently as Jaxon drove to the pack house. When we got there, Jaxon immediately got out and I ran after him.

"Jax, I really don't think this is going to change anything," I tried reasoning, but he wouldn't listen to me. He slammed the door open, startling some of the pack members.

"Where's Leo?!" He shouted.

"Movie room," someone said. I ran after Jaxon as he headed there. Leo and Alex were sitting the couch, watching some movie. Leo and Alex turned their heads when they heard us enter, and when Jaxon launched himself at Leo, Leo was immediately on his feet. Jaxon swung at him, successfully punching Leo in the face. He cursed, rubbing his jaw.

"What the fuck, Jaxon?!" Leo shouted. Jaxon tried punching Leo again, but he jumped out of the way.

"How could you do that to her?!" Jaxon yelled, lunging towards Leo and pinning him against the wall.

"What are you talking about?!" Leo shouted, pushing Jaxon off.

"You fucking rejected her! She was the best thing you could have ever had, and you basically threw her away!" Jaxon shouted. Everyone froze.

"She told you," Leo stated, breaking the silence.

"You're the one that rejected my sister?" Alex asked, his fists clenching and unclenching. Leo sighed, nodding. Alex growled, and I cursed, knowing what he was about to do. I jumped onto Alex's back, making sure to hold on tightly. "Eden, get off of me," Alex said, trying to pull me off.

"No, you all need to stop fighting!" I shouted."Anyways, it's pointless. Leo rejected me last year, yes. But it's in the past. It... it doesn't matter," I said, my voice breaking on the last sentence. When I knew that Alex was calm, I got off of his back.

"Yes, it does," Leo said, surprising me. "I was an idiot to reject you, and I'm going to spend every second of every day to get you to forgive me. I have regretted rejecting you every day since you left, and I am so sorry. But, I swear that I will gain your trust back, no matter what," he promised, his gold eyes piercing into mine. I didn't know what to say, so I broke eye contact.

"Come on, Jax, please, just take me home," I said quietly. Jaxon seemed to debate whether or not to fight Leo or listen to me, and in the end he decided to listen to me. He sighed nodding his head before walking over to me. "You too, Alex. Let's go home," I said, and he nodded, sending a glare at Leo before heading out of the movie room. Jaxon followed him, and then I followed Jaxon. I looked back at Leo before leaving, our eyes connecting before I left.

During the ride home, my wolf howled and whimpered, wanting her mate.

'Why can't we just forgive him, Ethan didn't want to reject us,' my wolf, Rosie, said. Ethan must be Leo's wolf.

'Because Leo rejected us, he didn't want us,' I said.

'He never said that,' she said.

'It was implied,' I argued.

'The way he's acting now and what he just said proves that he wants us,' Rosie argued back. 'I know that you feel the mate bond with Leo. It isn't broken,' she said before blocking me out, successfully ending the conversation.

I hadn't even noticed that we had already arrived at home. Alex and I got out, saying goodbye's to Jaxon before he left. We entered the house and I immediately headed up to my room. I took a quick shower before finding a Victoria's Secret pajama set that I found in one of my suitcases since I hadn't unpacked yet. I put it on before climbing into bed.

I was exhausted from the days events, and I was soon drifting to sleep. The last thing that was on my mind was that I knew that Rosie was right. I felt the bond with Leo, and it was growing stronger and stronger each day that passed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Yay, I updated! Just a little FYI, I'll be updating once or maybe twice a week.

Anywaysssss... please vote, comment, and spread the word about my books!

Love y'all!
-Sky