Chapter 10

A/N: so I changed the spelling of Jackson's name. Instead of it being spelled "Jackson" it's going to be spelled "Jaxon". Just wanted to let you guys know so that you won't be confused and think he's another character.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

I sprinted out of the party as fast as I could, leaving a confused Kylie and Dylan. I dodged people walked on the sidewalk as I ran. I heard Leo calling my name as he ran after me. I knew that he was faster than me, so I took every turn that I could.

I saw another place I could turn coming up, so I immediately ran to the right. I cursed when I saw that I had ran into a large alleyway with a dead-end. When I turned around to run out of the alleyway, Leo was there. My eyes widened and I immediately started backing away from him. He cautiously started walking towards me.

"Eden," he breathed. He took another step towards me and I glared at him, growling.

"Stay away from me," I growled. He stopped, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Eden-" he started, but I growled again. He paused before speaking again. "Eden, please, come home with me," he pleaded. I narrowed my eyes, before I started laughing.

"Why the hell would I come back to a pack that treats me like trash?" I asked, glaring at him. What surprised me was the regret that I saw in his eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I could have stopped it and I didn't. Please, I need my mate back," he said.

"Your mate? You lost the right to call me that the second you hit me," I growled at him, pure hatred in my eyes. He flinched from my words, but I didn't care.

"I know, and I'm so sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me, but if you won't come back for me, come back for your parents and Jaxon. They think that you're dead. We all did," he said. His words made me pause. I hadn't thought about how me just disappearing would effect my parents and Jaxon. Before I could speak, Dylan and Kylie ran into the alleyway. The froze when they saw me and Leo. Confusion was clear on their faces. They didn't know that Leo had been my mate.

"Alpha Leo," Dylan said, nodding at Leo. Kylie and Dylan walked to me. "Eden, how do you know Leo?" Dylan asked me, confused. I took a deep breath before answering him.

"Leo was my mate," I said quietly. The looked at me with shocked expressions.

"What?" Kylie said. "You're from the Midnight Pack?" I nodded my head.

"You fucking asshole!" Dylan yelled, lunging towards Leo. He punched him and they both fell to the ground. As they fought, they both shifted into their wolf forms. Leo's wolf was pure black and huge. Dylan's wolf was also black, and a little bit smaller than Leo's. They slowly circled each other and growling, getting ready to attack.

"Leo, Dylan, stop!" I shouted, running in between them. They both looked at me. I locked eyes with Leo's golden ones, and I saw his eyes go from anger to sadness. They both shifted back, and Kylie threw Dylan a pair of shorts. I looked away from Leo considering that he was completely naked. Just then, surprisingly, Alex came running in. He took in the scene while throwing Leo a pair of shorts. His eyes scanned the scene, and yet when he saw me, his eyes widened in shock.

"E-Eden?" He stuttered, barely above a whisper. He made his way towards me, and I glared.

"Stay away from me," I growled. He looked confused.

"B-but I'm your brother. Aren't you happy to see me?" He asked, confused.

"You aren't my brother. If you were my brother, you wouldn't have treated me so badly like everyone else. If you were my brother, you would have protected me," I said coldly. He flinched from my words, but he deserved it.

"Eden, come on, let's get back to the pack house," Dylan said, tugging on my arm which made Leo growl. I glared at him.

"She isn't going anywhere with you," Leo growled at Dylan. They glared at each other. I sighed in frustration.

"Stop! Dylan, I'm going back with Leo. I need to see my parents," I said. Dylan looked surprised by my answer.

"Your going back with him?" He said, using venom when saying the word 'him'. I nodded.

"They think I'm dead. I have to see them and I've really missed them," I explained to him. He seemed to be debating what he was going to say before he sighed in defeat.

"Alright, but I don't want you to go," Dylan said in defeat. He gave me a hug and I immediately wrapped my arms around his waist. Leo growled as we pulled away and I glared at him again.

"I need to pack some stuff before I leave with them," I said, and he nodded.

"I'll drive you back to the pack house," Dylan said.

"No, she can take a cab with me," Leo stated.

"It makes more sense for me to drive her," Dylan argued. They both looked at me.

"I'm going with Dylan," I said, and Leo looked hurt. I looked at Kylie and noticed that she was string a someone. I looked and saw that Alex was doing the same thing.

"Mate," they said at the same time. Alex made his way over to Kylie and engulfed her in a hug. When they pulled apart, Kylie looked at me and her eyes widened. She immediately backed away from Alex, which made him growl. Kylie looked at Alex, then back at me, looking torn. I understood why she was torn.

"Kylie, it's fine. Be with Alex. He'll be good to you, or else he'll have me to deal with," I said to her, giving her a small smile. She smiled back and gave me a hug.

"Alright. It looks like I'm coming with you," Kylie said, trying to lighten the mood, but the air was still thick with tension.

Dylan, Kylie, and I walked out of the alleyway and back to the hotel with Leo and Alex following behind us. Dylan had the valet bring the car back and we waited.

"We'll fly out tomorrow, so you need to be at the airport by 7:00a.m." Leo said. I nodded and the car pulled up. Kylie and Alex said their goodbyes even though Alex wanted to come with us. She had told him no and that she would see him tomorrow. I got in with Dylan and Kylie and Dylan started driving us back to the pack house.

It took us about an hour to get back because of all the traffic. We were silent throughout the entire car ride. Dylan wanted to help us pack, so we all went to my room first. Dylan got my suitcase out of my closet for me as Kylie and I put all my essential clothes in it. We also packed some other stuff that I'd want to put in the room that I'd be staying at. We did the same thing for Kylie before we all headed downstairs. We had all changed into our pajamas to be comfortable. We made some hot chocolate and snuggled down by the fire.

We were all lost in our thoughts and didn't speak at all. I was physically and emotionally drained from the events that had happened only a couple of hours ago. I yawned and felt my eyelids become heavy as I slowly drifted into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! So I updated over vacation, yay! I wanted to update early because I probably won't be able to update next week because I have to go to a three day vball camp. I'll try updating before I leave, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Anywaysssss... please vote, comment, and follow!

Love you guys!

-Sky