hunted

Hello?

Is anybody getting this?

Mistakes were made, I can tell you that. Not from me, but from them. The government thought that I was too good for monsters, so they sent human monsters to kill me. Assassins, murderers and serial killers. They even let people out of the Crypt, the highest security prison which mixes Old World tech with alien tech to create the best prison for the worst people. I've been on the run ever since. People keep shooting at me, stabbing me, trying to blow me up. I've had to kill them all.

Hmm. Look what the government has done. Turned me from university student to murderer.

Luck, that's how I survived. Pure, luck.

I had barely fallen asleep when there was the crunch of a boot on broken glass at the end of the alley way. I looked up with bleary eyes and saw metal glinting in the moonlight. I knew instantly what it was and what's his intentions were. I jumped up and ran, ran to the end of the alleyway. I tripped over a rock, and the knife sailed over my head and lodged itself into the brickwork. I got back up and rushed into an open doorway. Crouching behind a window next to the door, I listened to the assassin's footsteps.

Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch.

They were getting closer every second. Then, they were right outside and I grabbed all the courage I could and launched myself through the window, glass shards lending help and cutting the skin of my assassin. I grabbed onto him and held him with a weak sleeper hold. I didn't want to kill him. But he elbowed me and the hold loosened, allowing him to throw me over his shoulder. Scrambling in the gravel and broken glass, I reached to the back of my pants and pulled out my ray gun, only for the assassin to knock it out of my hands and between two dumpsters. With one hand he pulled the knife out of the brickwork and with the other slapped me back down to the ground. Landing on my hands and knees, my fingers grabbed onto a particularly large piece of glass. I flipped around and sliced at him.

The glass nicked his arm, and I stood up and lunged, the shard going through his left bicep. I pulled it out and stabbed again, this time going, going into his stomach. I twisted and he screamed, dropping his knife. He pushed me off and the glass shard cut my fingers. Falling again to the gravel, my hands scrambled around, looking for another piece of glass.

There.

I turned around and stabbed, the glass going through his eye and into his brain just as soon as his hands grabbed my throat. His grip loosened. I twisted and he went slack, his body falling backwards.

Full of adrenaline and shaking, I stumbled away, the bullet hole in my calf still leaking and shooting pain up my leg. After the adrenaline wore off, I realised I had a piece of glass in my thigh, and, biting into a muddy piece of wood, I pulled it out. I thought it was over.

A night later, I was coming back from a convenience store, buying food and medical supplies for my bullet wound and the deep cut from the glass, and as soon as I sat down, an SUV stopped outside the alley I was staying in. I was wary after the encounter with the knife maniac, and I knew instantly this guy wasn't here to take a piss.

His door opened and out came a man in black trench coat and L-SMG. He swung It around and took off the safety.

I lunges behind a dumpster as he opened fire. The lasers incinerated everything non-reflective it touched and so most of the super intensified light bounced off the steel dumpster. Even so, the dumpster started melting, the contents giving off a sickly smell.

I popped up and fired a few shots with my ray gun. The difference between laser weapons and ray guns are that lasers are almost instantaneous, because they are essentially light. The ammo for these weapons are easy to manufacture and are light and easy to store. Ray guns on the other hand are rare, the ammo for them even rarer. The only way to get a constant reliable source of ammo is to make them yourself, which is what I do. Ray guns are much more powerful, as they are pure energy.