monsters

Hello?

Is anybody getting this?

I'm currently licking my wounds, hiding in a dumpster on the outskirts of Lexing Square. I know, not the best place to recover and heal. I don't need to be a biology graduate to know that. God knows how many germs are living and thriving in this filth

But its the only place that's safe. For now.

 For the past week this.........monster. This monster of unimaginable evil has been visiting The University dormitories and terrorized my dorm mates and I. Just yesterday.....it....slaughtered all of them. All my friends. I barely escaped with my life. 

My dorm mates, they were, they were really wonderful. They were my only friends. The people that truly accepted me. 

They were supportive and kind. R-really kind. Wow. I'm already talking about them in past tense.

All three of them were from powerful families. Good families. Families of scientists. And all three of my friends wanted to do something good with their lives. Now they are dead, turned into blood and guts.

Thomas, Justin and Steve. Their bodies were scraped off the floor and walls. It was so bloody that only some bits of their bodies were recognizable. 

I had escaped with this kind of ray gun I've been working on. Made from bits of alien tech from black market sales, it has a kick to it. Yes it's kinda weird for a uni student to have a gun, but, once you move to Link City, you're gonna wish you had something stronger than an itty bitty homemade ray gun. 

I had my short sleeved shirt on thank god. That with my long pants protect me very well. I survived a few scraps with them on. I would have died long before if not for them. They were the only things protecting me from the monster's sharp claws that cut through my friend's flesh and bones like a hot knife cutting butter. The claws left bruises but they never punctured skin. 

It came after me as I stumbled out of The University's gates. It had a rotting stench. A stench you would never forget about. Teeth bared. A growl came from its stomach. It had this slow and uneven walk. But no matter how far I ran, it always found me. Like it had caught my scent.

That's how I ended up in this shitty dumpster. I hoped that the stench would mask mine and throw off that demon. If it does find me, well. I hope the smell of the creature would warn me before it sees me

But....there was something off about it. The monster. The demon. It only followed me. It didn't attack anybody else, even though it was the evening, where the rest of the dormitories were filled with other innocent, unwary students. 

Like it was sent to track and kill my friends and I. Well my friends probably. I'm just a nobody. My friends are from powerful influential.....That monster was sent to kill them. I was just a witness that needed to be removed. 

But why? Why were they targeted?

My transmission time is up. I have to go.