Chapter 21 ( gone over)

Chapter twenty-one

Erica's POV

"Erica?! Is this really you?" He asked in utter shock.

A smile made it's way to my lips, knowing that he didn't hang up right away. The last time we talked didn't end well, and I didn't know if he still wanted or would to talk to me.

"It is, Ian. It's really me." I said, suddenly feeling my legion somewhat at ease instead of on edge.

"It's-it's good to hear from you. I thought that he had killed you." He said honestly, although I didn't miss the bitter tone he used when he talked about Daniel.

"Don't push it, Ian. Give me the respect I deserve or I will make you regret it." I spat out. I knew it was more of my legion talking than me, but I agreed with my legion for once.

"My apologize." Ian said before continuing. "So what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call? Hmm?"

I hesitated a minute. Daniel will be greatly hurt by this. It is practically betrayal from his mate. He would have every right to want me to pay for what I'm about to ask. I would deserve it.

But mates protect their mates!!

My legion hissed at me, making me cringe.

"Well?" Ian said, sounding annoyed.

I sighed before answering him.

"How would you like to kill a werewolf?" I said. My voice became quieter after the first word, but I knew he heard me still. I could almost imagine him perking up to the proposition I just offered. "It's not just any werewolf though."

"You want me, a legion, to kill a werewolf, your mate's own kind?" Ian asked like he was talking to a five year old. "Who, when, where, and how would you like it done, your highness?"

I could almost hear the devilish smile in his voice.

~~~~~~~~~

After I told Ian all that he needed to hear, I ended the call. I sat in bed feeling conflicted. I was feeling happy, yet guilty.

"I'm doing the right thing." I said out loud to myself, trying to convince myself.

I heard a door close downstairs and knew Daniel was home. I pulled the covers back and decided to get ready for bed, since it was so late.

I had just walked out of the bathroom all ready for bed, when I saw Daniel sitting at the end of the bed with his arms crossed and a distracted look on his face.

I immediately frowned at him and walked to him.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I put my hands on his cheeks. "Did something happen?"

He shook his head and ran his hands over his face.

"I've just been thinking about my father coming and seeing you." He said as he got up and walked into the closet to change.

"Oh," was all I could say. I wasn't really sure what to say to that. "And?"

Daniel walked back out, pulling a clean shirt over his head.

"And I've told him he's not welcomed here." He said seriously.

I felt my eyes widen when he said that. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I was utterly shocked by this.

"Are you serious?" I asked once I found my voice.

"I would never lie about something like this." He said as he walked towards me. "You are my mate and you should never have to fear anyone or worry. I am to protect you from danger and he is dangerous."