Chapter Twenty-Eight

After talking with Jughead, Caia made her way to Archie's house, where Betty had texted her to meet. They were apparently talking to their parents. Caia hoped hers wasn't there.

He wasn't. But the discussion was apparently nearly over when she walked in, for no one was speaking. Everyone looked up at her when she entered.

"Caia!" Betty exclaimed. "Where have you been? I texted you half an hour ago."

Caia observed all the people sitting in the room. "I was with Jug," she admitted.

Everyone looked shocked. Archie moved towards her. "What do you mean you were with him?" He questioned.

"I knew he's be at the trailer, so I went there. I caught him just as he was leaving. I told him to talk to you." She explained.

This ignited a whole bunch of chatter coming mostly from the kids. They started arguing with their parents, begging them to let them look for Jug. Suddenly, the chatter was broken by Fred.

"Enough!" He yelled, causing everyone to become silent. "I think we all need to go home and get some rest. Jughead will be fine, and there's nothing we can do about FP now." All the parents seemed to agree. "C'mon, Caia, I'll take you home."

*

Caia didn't go out when the rest of the gang went to find Jughead. She had already made her peace, it was time for them to make theirs. It's not like she could have gone out anyway, her father was awake, and there was no way she was getting past him now.

Caia stayed at her house until monday. She only had one bruise on her arm when she went to school, which was good. No one would be able to see it, which was also good.

Caia sat next to Betty at the lunch table. There were mutilple papers on the table, all pf which had the title 'Justice For Jason.' Betty finished reading the article and set it down. "The police report said FP worked alone," she observed.

Archie turned to Veronica. "No mention of your dad, Roni. That's good news, right?" He questioned. Veronica nodded.

"I can't stop thinking that, maybe my dad hired another serpent to plant that gun," she worried. Archie took Veronica's hand comforting, something that surprised some of the people at the table.

"It's surreal, isn't it?" Kevin asked, sitting down, sounding rather fascinated. "How's Jughead doing?"

"Not good," Betty answered.

"He's not coming in today," Archie added. "He's at the station," he explained.

"Being grilled by your dad." Veronica stated pointedly.

"He's just doing his job, I mean of course he's gonna ask Jughead questions." Kevin defended. It was his dad, which made sense as to why Kevin was defending him. It annoyed everyone else just a little bit, though.

Betty rolled her eyes. "Well, he's wasting his time, Kev. Cause FP didn't kill Jason." She spat her words out, clearly passionate about this belief.

"Betty he confessed," Kevin stated, as if it

"Or he was cooeresed," Betty defended. "Or he's protecting someone. Maybe a serpent?" She paused. "My mom saw him a Juaquin, together."

"Don't. Do not drag my boyfriend into this!" Kevin demanded.

There was a moment of silence and Archie looked up at something.

"Whatdyou-" Betty satrted.

"Oh no," Archie muttered.

"What?" She asked, wondering what Archie was looking at.

All 4 pairs of eyes at the table turned to see Jughead walking through the lunchroom. Caia sucked in a breath. There was no way this could end well.