Chapter Twenty-Five

Caught up in the pounding base of the music and the mass of sweaty bodies dancing, Caia was almost completely wasted. She kept downing drink after drink. She was jumping up and down with a buzzed Betty when she tripped over a foot and landed straight into the arms of someone.

She turned around to see who she had run into and came face to face with Moose. She hadn't spoken to Moose much since the jumping, but they were still friendly to each other.

Moose smiled at Caia, still dancing. "How you doing, Sinclair?" He questioned.

Caia smiled back and began to copy Moose' s dance moves. "Great!" She exclaimed. "I feel so-" Caia paused for a moment, trying to think of the right word. "Alive!"

Moose chuckled. He only had a few drinks in his system, but he could tell Caia had drank a lot more than he had. "Yeah?" He questioned. He grabbed Caia's hips and brought her closer to him. Caia complied without much thought, hooking her hands over his shoulders.

"You know, you're kinda hot," she giggled.

Moose smirked and looked Caia over. "You're not so bad yourself."

Caia bit her lip. She raised herself onto her tip toes and pressed her lips to Moose's. Moose was taken aback by Caia initiating the kiss, but kissed back anyway.

Unbeknownst to the pair, there were two observers of the kiss. One was Chuck, who was standing by the entrance to the kitchen, smirking. The other was Reggie. Although he had been dancing with a girl, he had know stopped and was clutching his cup in his fist, crumpling the plastic.

It wasn't Reggie that pulled Caia away from Moose, however. It was Kevin. He dragged Caia over to the corner of the room. "Girl, what are you doing?" He demanded.

Caia twirled her hair around her finger. "Nothing," She giggled.

Kevin leaned forward, smelling Caia's breath for proof of his hunch. The smell surrounding Caia proved it to be true. "Are you drunk?" He inquired, recoiling in disgust.

Caia shook her head. She looked to her left and caught sight of someone setting up cups for a game of beer pong on Archie's kitchen table. Ignoring Kevin's protests, she skipped over to the game.

It turned out that Caia was extremely good at beer pong. It also turned out that the extra alcohol heightened her wild girl personality even more. She was standing at the top of Archie's staircase, a crowd of people around the stairs cheering. She mounted the wood railing and got ready to slide down, when someone grabbed her around the waist and tore her off the stair case.

"Alright, scram!" The guy yelled, causing everyone gathered to flee in fear. Caia swiveled around and almost slapped Reggie in the face on accident. Although, it would have been a happy accident.

Caia saw who it was and started to punch him in the chest, trying to get him to let her go. Reggie grabbed her wrist and held her arms to her sides so that she couldn't hit him. "What the hell are you doing?" He hissed.

"Whatever I want," Caia shot back. "I don't know if you forgot, but you cheated on me Reggie. You don't get to tell me what to do anymore," She sneered.

Reggie sighed. Sometimes he felt Caia just didn't understand anything. "Caia, you're drunk. You were about to kill yourself sliding down this banister. Next thing you know, you'd be on top of the table stripping," he stated.

Caia ripped her arms away from Reggie. "As a matter of fact, I was not planning to do that. But regardless, we're done Reggie. And you aren't my keeper."

She hurried past Reggie and down the stairs. Suddenly, she wanted to leave, but a pair of people got in the way of the door before she could leave. It looked like Jughead was also trying to leave, hence the reason Cheryl and Chuck were now guarding the door.