Cold, Wet, and Almost Dead

This was written from 2-4am, and I proof read it during the day, and may I just say that I still have good grammar and spelling even when I'm really tired.

Jungkook's POV

My head hurt so bad. My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were stained with dried tears, now all wetness long gone.

Empty.

That's how I felt in that moment.

Void of emotion.

The wind blew threw my hair, but it was anything but calm. A storm was brewing, although it had yet to rain. I stared out at the grey ocean in front of me, and then lowered my gaze to the ocean below me.

My feet hung off the edge of the rocky cliff, 50 feet above sea level. It was a straight drop into the water, if I just happened to fall from my spot, I'd be under.

And I wouldn't fight the current.

I'd let it consume me. Cause that's what I deserve. I deserve to die.

I started scooting closer to the edge. But a loud voice made me hault.

"Jungkook! There you are! I've been looking fo-"

I knew that voice, and the reason his sentence was cut short. I closed my eyes tightly and stood up, then looked behind me at the other male, who adorned a shocked and sad expression. I faced him and put my heels on the edge.

"Goodbye, Taehyung."

I leaned backwards slowly, with a final whisper. "I love you."

Then I fell.

The sensation of falling filled my system, and I didn't even get to experience it for more than a second as I hit the water. I didn't try to cover my nose or my mouth, I let the heavy liquid enter my body. It burned. The current pulled me back and forth, as waves kept me under, pulling me towards the sand and rock on the bottom.

I heard a faint yell of something incoherent, before slipping into the darkness.

. . .

Am I dead?

I don't feel dead.

I can't feel my body at all, no pain or anything. But my thoughts work so I can't be dead.

Am I a ghost?

No, that's silly, I'd be able to see something if I was a ghost. But it would be cool if I could haunt the hell out of the cliff I jumped off of.

As long as I'm dead I'll be happy.

Or maybe I'll be revived, Taehyung was there so he probably did something. Yeah.

Wait.

I feel something.

And holy shit that burns, and hurts like hell.

Am I in hell? I don't think people who died the way I did go to heaven so it's likely. Wait I still don't know if I'm dead.

My throat hurts.

Ok I'm definitely not dead. Damn.

I can feel my body now. And something is touching my chest... hands? It's pressing down really hard and repeatedly.

. . .

Oh it stopped.

Somethings touching my lips now.

Wait I see light. Can I open my eyes? Please? No, ok.

Can I move my hands? Yup my finger is definitely moving. I wanna sit up. Let me sit up.

My eyes open slowly and I sit up, while coughing roughly. Water comes out of my mouth and the pain in my throat is accelerated; much stronger than when I was unconscious. A hand pats my back.

I look at the owner of the hand.

"Tae.. hyu- ng..." I croak, fighting the pain of talking after having who knows how much salt water in my lungs.

"Shh, don't talk, idiot." He has a relieved expression painted on his face, and he talks softly.

I cough some more and almost throw up. My entire body felt weak, so I laid back down. I was on a large, flat, reddish rock, and Taehyung was sitting on his knees to my left, soaked. I closed my eyes.

I felt Taehyung's hand brush my wet hair off my face, before that same hand migrated to my cheek. It was warm, and I leaned against it. That's when I realized that I was freezing, and started shivering.

"Oh my god you're shivering. I don't have anything to warm you up with, and I'm wet and cold too so that won't do anything. I also don't have water to give you for your throat, I'm sorry. But also you are an idiot for jumping off that cliff, you know that I love you and you had to try and take your life right in front me? You're so cruel." He hit my stomach repeatedly (but lightly) and then rested his forehead against it.

"Y-ou lo-love m-e?" I used all the strength I had in me to say these words, as loud as I could. Which wasn't very loud.

He nodded against my tummy.

"Look a-at me." I whispered. He lifted his head and turned his face towards me, and I saw his red, wet eyes. I frowned at the sight. I sat up slowly and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I thought no- no one loved m-me." I whispered, hiding my face in his neck.

He put his arms around my waist and hugged me very tightly, and audibly sobbed. The moment lasted for a long time, and the grey sky was getting darker, signalling that it was almost dusk. He broke the hug first.

Taehyung stood up shakily and asked me if I could stand by myself, and as I tried, it became an obvious no. He pulled my up by my hands and held my waist.

"There's a stone stairway a little ways along the coast line, and if you can't walk I'll carry you on my back." To this, I nodded, not feeling up to argue.

His hands stayed secure on my hips and we slowly started walking. I still felt weak, but I managed to walk all the way to the staircase.

I looked up at the estimated 30 stairs and took a deep breath before climbing the first one. Then the next one. And the next one. The darkness was setting in, and this was taking too long. I looked at Tae with a certain expression that said 'I need a piggyback'.

He understood and climbed down a step before bending forewords in front of me. I got on and got comfortable, and Taehyung started climbing the stairs.

He didn't seem to be struggling too much.

I lightly pressed a kiss to his shoulder and whispered a 'thank you.' He smiled.

"If you ever try to end your life again, I'll be there to save you, even if you hate me."