:A Proscriptive Relationship: 35

Start from the beginning

"Jeremy," I started, looking out the window into the black. "Jeremy! We're going way too fast!"

"You said you needed to get to the hospital fast!"

My protest died in my mouth when he said that. I glanced out the front, watching the windshield wipers go across the glass in swift motions. A feeling of nausea came over me and I held my seat tightly. I glanced at Jeremy, who was focusing intently on the road. I slightly begged for us not to crash.

The sound of a phone vibrating filled the car and I reached for my pocket to grab mine. When I couldn't feel it I panicked for a moment until I realized I had left it at Jeremy's house. I cursed myself quietly.

"Hello?" I heard Jeremy say and my head snapped to him.

"Jeremy! Get off the phone!" I cried quietly, looking at him in horror. "You're driving!"

He didn't look phased. "Yes, she's right here. Hold on."

I gave him a quizzical look as he held the phone out to me. I grabbed it quickly before he took his eyes off the road. When I noticed it was my phone, my expression became even more confused.

"How did you get this?"

"I grabbed it off the floor before we left," Jeremy told me, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I rolled my eyes, pressing my phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Holly!" Casey nearly screamed into the phone.

"Whoa, Casey. Quiet down."

She started saying something, but I couldn't make out quite what she was saying because she was sobbing to hard. My chest clenched from the sound, but I forced myself not to tear up.

"Casey, calm down," I ordered, swallowing nervously. "What are you saying?"

Casey sniffled and I heard her take a deep breath. "My mom won't let me go to the hospital because it's a school late and it's too late!"

"What?" I cried it outrage. "Lance was flipping shot and she won't let you go!

"No!" Casey responded in the same tone.

"Lance's life is more important than school!" I said angrily, clenching the phone in my head. "Oh my God!"

Suddenly I was thrown forwards and I gasped in surprise, my head hitting the dashboard.

"Sorry," Jeremy muttered and I was suddenly thrown towards the window. "Almost missed the entrance to the hospital."

I rectified myself in my seat, rubbing my head. "Smooth."

"Holly, you have to keep me updated!"

"I will," I told Casey, brushing my bangs out of my face. "But I don't know if I'll have service in the hospital."

"Then come outside and text me every half-hour or so, okay?"

"Okay," I responded, looking out my window at the large building. "We're here, so I'll text you as soon as I find out what's going on."

"Okay."

"Talk to you soon."

I pulled the phone away from my head and flipped it shot, putting it into my back pocket. Jeremy pulled into a parking spot and I quickly flung open my door, jumping out. Immediately, I started towards the hospital doors.

"Holly!" Jeremy shouted after me.

"What?" I called back, turning around.

"I've got to go back to Jenna and Jane, so call me when you want to be picked up. No matter how late, okay?"