Chapter 7 - Fenrys

Please leave any comments or tips

So sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I'm 14 so have had a action packed holiday with my parents telling me to get off my phone 😂🤦‍♀️

I also just want to say a huge thank you for all the reads over 300 !!! It means so much to me and please don't be scared to leave a comment I would really appreciate it.

This chapter is all from Fenrys and starts at the beginning of the story as he tells us his experiences but enough of me talking, enjoy !!

Fenrys hated Meave. For what she did to the people he loved, for the control she had over him. He had tried, tried so hard to help Aelin, to leave trails for Rowan to follow, to clean her wounds but Meave has kept him on too tight of a leash. Her wounds. Fenrys has never seen wounds like that before, inflicted one after another. Aelin should be dead, no fæ warrior could withstand that much pain and blood loss. That first night when he had heard Aelin's screams and Cairns cries of laughter he had crept in afterwards with bandages and clean water; what he saw was enough to make him throw up. He had overheard Meave talking to Cairn that Aelin has a greater pain tolerance and healing because of that small drop of water magic in her blood it would seem that Cairn was making the most of that fact.

The next day Meave approached him with the deal he was to present to Whitethorn, Fenrys knew this as the only chance he was going to get to say something to Whitethorn. Meave told him to meet her later in the Throne room where she would discuss the commandments for the trip, where she would tighten down what he was allowed to say. Fenrys knew why she was sending him again the most obvious reason being they hopefully wouldn't kill him but also to show him a glimpse at what he could have been a part of; a court to change the world.

Fenrys sighed this trip would take him about a day and a half if he went slowly but there was no way Meave would let him do that; she had his brother to make sure Fenrys always returned as quick as possible. Fenrys was fine leaving Connall alone with Meave because despite that fact she was a sadist bitch she always kept her word; he would follow the blood oath faithfully and she was never touch Connall again.  Connall and him hadn't really ever gotten on well as twins Connall still hasn't forgiven Fenrys for also taken the blood oath despite the fact that Fenrys did it to save his brother. Every night he served Meave until she was satisfied, he supposed it was a good distraction. Some nights he made it so good for her she forgot to command him. Those were the nights he crept into Aelin, the Queen who has his unquestionable loyalty, to clean her wounds, to do anything he could to help her.

A knock came on the door.
"Come in" Fenrys bellowed getting up from his position on his bed. A small serving girl appeared around the door her gaze facing towards the ground.
"Ummm Her majesty commands your presence in her chamber tonight" the girl stuttered her hands visibly shaking as she tried to hide them in her pockets. Fenrys sighed again glancing towards the clock, if he ignored Meave now she would only use Cornall instead.
"Thank you.... Sorry what was your name?" Fenrys said turning towards the girl a smile plastered on his face.
"Elaine Sir" She mumbles her eyes still adverted towards the ground.
"Thank you Elaine, you did a great job"
She seemed to be pleased by that and Fenrys might have seen a whisper of a smile as she left.

That's what Meave did to you take away your smile until you don't know how to do it anymore.

Fenrys quietly crept out of Meaves chamber. He'd been in there for hours and it was nearly dawn. Corridor after corridor he walked down until they slowly got darker and darker. He grabbed some bandages and an empty bucket he had stashed days ago in a hole in the wall. Walking silently he paused only to fill up the bucket from a nearby water trout; the drip of the water in the bucket the only sound to be heard. He came upon a rusty iron door, wincing he quickly unlocked the lock and pushed it open soundlessly; proof it was used frequently. It opened up into a dark chamber the only source of light a small candle on the weapons table. Fenrys didn't dare light it. The absence of guards worried him Meave obviously thought Aelin to be broken enough that she doesn't need it anymore.