Chapter 5 - Lorcan.

I just want to say that chapter 5 - Lorcan, and 6 - Aelin are taking place at the same time incase there is any confusion.

Please leave any comments or tips. :)

Rowan was stupid. Centuries of training and a girl had made Rowan crazy. Handing over the wyrd keys to Meave would literally mean the end of the world and no fire wielding queen would be able to outshine that much darkness. If only Rowan had stayed to listen to him then everything could've been sorted. Lorcan sighed angrily preparing the escape boat.
"What are you doing?!"
Lorcan turned around. He had sensed Elide approaching and had already prepared an answer for the inevitable question. None of them could know his true intentions, they would want to come and that could not happen.
This was going to hurt Elide even more but Lorcan had to do it.
"I'm leaving."
"What?" Elide asked coming to a halt facing him.
"I have better things to do and Rowan is already doomed this mission." Lorcan replied bluntly.
"So your just going to run away, and leave us all." And leave me was the unspoken words Lorcan knew Elide didn't dare to say.
His next answer would do it, it would make the gap between them impossible to ever jump, but he had to do it. Lorcan hesitated before speaking, something he'd never done before but then again he shouldn't feel surprised Elide had made him feel and lot of feelings he had never felt before. Was saving the world worth more than his mate?
"Yes." Lorcan said while untying ropes to release the boat.

Lorcan could feel Elide staring at his back, yet he carried on preparing the boat. He had to do this. Elide, realising Lorcan wasn't going to change his decision, walked off. Probably to tell Gavriel but Lorcan couldn't think about that now. No. He had to do this, had to redeem himself from betraying them all.
And so Lorcan set off in the escape boat to a land so similar to Doranelle. A land that relied on barges to transport its goods from one end to another, a land that was embedded between two mountain ranges. A land that Lorcan had visited 300 years, a land he could only remember the name that was whispered among legends; kingdom of ash.

Days had passed and all Lorcan had seen for those days was the open ocean, heading towards a place based on instinct and a name only whispered in legends. He was stupid. This Queen made them all do stupid things. Suddenly, like death, land came into view. Mountains upon mountains which steep rocky surfaces offered the peace of death. He had made it. Lorcan docked the boat on an abandoned beach, dragging it securely upwards so the sea cannot reach it.

Lorcan sighed, although the island was tiny, a mere speck in the vast ocean, it would take him a while to find Meaves base and even longer to work out a way to break in and save the Queen.

Sorry this chapter is so short, it's sort of a taster for the rescue to come!

530 words

Please leave any comments or tips