In The Wind

Riley's pajamasxxxxxxxxxx

Riley's pajamas
xxxxxxxxxx

Into the wind Riley rode on
Athena in her pajamas.

"We have to go find her" Gaby says as she goes with Marcus to tell everyone the situation.

"Where could she have gone?" Zoe asks as they start thinking

"She shouldn't be out there she doesn't know the island well enough yet to be alone on the trails" Jade comments as she heads for the house.

"Jade wait. I say we go look for her and meet back up here in an hour and a half. If no one finds her then we tell her parents and call Derek and the rest of the authorities" Mia says as she bosses everyone around as usual.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Riley" Zoe yelled when they were in the forest.

"Riley" Gaby yelled after, having been partnered up with Zoe to make sure everyone was to be safe while searching.

"Gaby look" Zoe says pointing to disturbed ground. After looking over the edge she screams at a horrible sight. "Riley"

xxxxxxxxx

"Marcus we found her you need to get Sam, her parents, a vet, trailer and blankets and come to us. Marcus it's bad. It's really bad" Zoe cries into the phone.

xxxxxxxxxx

"She fell into the lake and I assume Athena pulled her out now we have to try CPR if we can't find a pulse" Gaby says reaching down to Riley's neck noticing a gash to her forehead. "Here keep some light pressure to the gash while I do CPR"

xxxxxxxxxx

"My baby! My, my m....y sweet baby girl what happened?" Riley's mother cries when she sees her daughter.

"We think since Athena got hurt she was on Athena when she probably spooked and knocked her off and into the water. We don't think she was in for long and that Athena pulled her out." Zoe says with tears rolling down her face.

"What was she doing out here all alone? Sam questions. Everyone can see the frustration and anger, worry and emotions washing over her. "You guys have been here your whole life you should know better than to let this happen. I'm disappointed"

"Easy girl, Riley's gonna be ok thanks to you" Ananya says talking to Athena while loading her into a trailer to go back to the stable to be examined.

"We got to get her to the hospital anyone riding with in the back" one of the paramedics asks.

"I am, and Zoe Gaby please come with" Anastasia says and asks while getting into the ambulance.

Soon after dust kicks up as it speeds away into the distance with sirens blaring.

xxxxxxxxxx

The next day at the barn was hard. Everyone was just in a state of sadness and it was really obvious.

xxxxxxxxxx

"How is she" Marcus asks Ananya when entering Athena's stall to check up on the mare.

"Not sure yet" Ananya responds "She won't let me get a good look at any of her wounds or really even touch her"

"Can I try?" Marcus suggests, Ananya open and willing to let him try.

"What is it" Ananya asks noticing a change in his
emotion, facial expression, and posture.

"Barbed wire, it's banned on this island and area for this reason, the horse can't really see it and the rider will miss it if the horse is going at a pace any faster that a walk" Marcus explains. "I need to tell Sam"

xxxxxxxxxx

"Well that's progress. We are definitely. Thanks for letting me know and keeping me updated on her progress. Yeah. Yeah. Anastasia you can come for a ride later today yes ok see you then bye"Marcus hears Sams side of her phone call with Riley's mother.

"Can I come in" Marcus asks after knocking on the outer frame of the office door. 

"Of course." Sam replies as she sits in her office chair, Marcus sitting in front of her across the desk. "What's up you look like you've seen a ghost"

"Sam, barbed wire is still banned from use around here right" Marcus questions.

"Yeah the people who make those decisions had every bit removed from where it was being used by the owners making sure if they wanted the fence they replaced it with something different. You remember that right" Sam explains question written on her face in the look she was was giving.

"There is some and Athena brushed into it. She got a strand stuck in her tail that's how I found this" Marcus says showing his Aunt the piece of wire.

"I need to call Derek you go check in with Athena, she seems to like you" Sam says  as she scrolls down her contacts and calls Derek.

xxxxxxxxxx

"She's awake" Anastasia cries happy to see her daughter conscious. "Gaby, Zoe"