Day 7 (14)

My eyes flutter open, my foggy gaze barely able to make out the different blues and oranges that prompted the later sunset.

I turn over grumpily, using my arm as a makeshift pillow, "Go back to sleep, 'lex."

He shook my shoulders again. He squealed as if he was a four-year-old receiving a birthday present, "John, look."

I chuckle, only half awake, "Hamilton, I don't need to see your abs again."

He shook my shoulders again, annoyed.

"But, Jooohhhnnn," he drawled. "You're a-"

"Siren. I know," I growl, trying to catch up on my beauty sleep.

He fails to hold back a laugh, "No, you're not."

I push myself up with my arms, giving into Hamilton's games. I turn my head to him, a smile hinting at my features, "So what's happening again?"

He failed to respond, looking anywhere but me, blush creeping into the crevices of his face.

"Why are y-"

I look down at myself. I had. . . legs?

I moved my lower half subconsciously, the two legs swinging back and forth.

"I'm a human?" I ask, looking to Hamilton for answers.

He shrugs, "Guess that's what happens when I love you."

And I love you.

I smile, a sly smirk off my face, "So. . . don't humans wear cloth? Am I supposed to get that myself or. . . ?"

Hamilton's face flared up, his expression panicked and frantic as he attempted to ignore the dusty red splattered onto his skin.

"You can just use my shirt for now," he says, thrusting it out to me.

I accept it as I stand up to tie it around my waist, Hamilton's gaze desperate to avoid mine.

"So. . . what does this mean for us? I ask, Hamilton taking his place at my side.

"Well, we can always get a ship. I know a guy, so all we would have to do i-"

I cut him off, "I am not being a pirate."

He smiles, pressing a small kiss onto my cheek, "Of course not. At least not until we terrorize the mermaids first."

He pushes off me, running to the opposing side of the beach.

I call after him, "It's this way, idiot! You don't even know their migration patterns!"

He scoffs, running back in my direction, "Well, I guess you'll have to come with me then."

I attempt to keep up with his pace as I slowly adjust to using my feet, "Wait! What about the fabric stuff to cover my body?"

He turns around, not breaking his stride before calling back, "You won't need them anyway! At least not til tomorrow morning!"

I gain speed, now sprinting at his side, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He smirks, "Mermaids, first."

a/n: LAST CHAPTER

This book was so fun to make, and I can't wait for the next project!

You can ask me any questions, and I'll be happy to answer them. Also feel free to offer constructive criticism - it always helps.

Unfortunately, I don't have a new Hamilton fanfic planned, so I'll have to start brainstorming. Until then, I'll keep you posted.

Love you! 💖