Headcanon: Willy Wonka

sᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ: ᴏɴᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴋ

No one imagines the work a chocolatier might have.

For Willy Wonka, every evening ended differently, stranger or calmer, later or sooner.
He never had a set bedtime, of course he wished to go to bed when the sun outside had left the sky, but sometimes he had to work even later, as he did not like the thought of adding that work to the following day.

Wonka would walk through the hallways of his maze of a factory, a maze that only he knew the map of by a hundred percent. For himself he did not need a map of course, but even his Oompa-Loompas sometimes had to ask him for a way to another room, a door that they could not remember or find.

He would give them a gentle smile, using his Nerds candy filled walking cane to point into the direction they would have to go to, just so that they would rush off to continue their work.

With a tiny red notebook he would write down ingredients he checked on in his huge storage hall, ingredients he needed to refill, or other ones he needed for his newest ideas and inventions.
He would check on each and every machine and room himself to asure everything was fine, to asure the flow of marvelous candy would stay proper and well produced.
Once a week Willy would test every candy, to also be sure that it's consistency, taste and appearance would still be as perfect as he planned it.

Once he would be finished with all that, he would check if the animals were fine, then he would look after his Oompa-Loompas, asking if they had questions or needed anything, of course in the strange but well trained sign and sound language.

And just then, when he shut down the biggest lights and locked some doors and checked some last things, just then he would finally be able to get rest, sliding the notebook in his velvet red coat's pocket, walking to his bedroom with a satisfied smile on his soft lips, knowing:

'Today was another flawless day of work, candy and imagination."