vana stormis (VLD)

name: vana stormis (racing name: tempest)

universe: voltron (legendary defenders)

age: (s1) 18, (s6) 19

occupation: purple paladin, (was) Garrison cadet, (was) bike racer

face-claim:(!)

personality: lone wolf with a badass streak. sarcastic beyond belief, yet a loving old-soul. grew up and had to face the music by herself, so she's hardened to trust nobody and feel nothing. until Voltron, of course. strategic, sharp-thinking, athletically-gifted, and armed with innate acting and lying abilities, she is the queen of stealth infiltration. greatly affected by her burdening ptsd, especially during intercourse (much to both her and keith's dismay), but with the help of her comrades works through it. grows into a sensible adult, lowering walls and learning to trust (and love). begins cold and shut-off after trauma, unlike keith's rash impulsive anger.

guilty pleasures: racing. especially in the middle of the night with no actual route. leather jackets with musky smells. the wind in her hair, the breeze in her face. sardonic remarks, sarcastic responses. DnD. geeking out. pda. cuddling outdoors. rooftops (back during the garrison days, the squad used to hang on the roofs afterhours), star-gazing, playing with people's hair, racing bikes, white lies.

family shiz: she grew up as an orphan, not even knowing who or where she came from. she eventually is confronted to be one of Haggar's experiments, being that she is a mixture between the leftovers of Haggar and Zarkon's miscarriage (after Lotor) and a human prisoner. she was born hated by her parents (Haggar and Zarkon), meaning she was tortured as a magical tri-blooded creature. she was sent down to earth, saved by the purple lion.

backstory: at age 18, she was inducted to the Galaxy Garrison with notable skills in fighting technique, battle strategies, and piloting. she became close to Takashi, Matt, and Keith, which became the start of both a mighty friendship and the crumbling of her walls. when Shiro and Matt were claimed dead by the Garrison, Keith and Vana set out to discover the truth, knowing that they wouldn't have passed so quickly. the two of them pulled a stealth mission to infiltrate and learn the real reasons behind their disappearances, but were caught and expelled from the Galaxy Garrison by Iverson and Sandas. the two then moved into a shack near the Garrison, in the daytime gathering information on the weird signals and stories on the 'mysterious force' in the desert, and at night racing to earn money. she is with Keith until the blue lion shoots off to Altea with Keith and the rest of the Voltron crew, and Vana instead getting captured by the Galra. she is kept, tortured, and raped by the Galra until she connects with the purple lion (who saved her before), which brings her to the Castle of Lions. she then stays and works alongside the Paladins, falling for Keith and bonding with everyone on the team. she then works for the blade, excelling in their field of infiltration and secret operations (her specialty), being that the purple lion is not needed to form Voltron. she comes back for good before the Kral Zera ceremony (s5), waiting for Keith to return back to her. she then rides back to earth to save her planet (s8).

ethnicity: 50% human (mixed, Caucasian and Asian), 25% Altean (from Haggar), 25% Galran (from Zarkon)

looks: natural Altean white hair. long with only a little wave and volume. she likes putting it into ponytails, but it's usually down. purple galran eyes, which only turn yellow when in heat or transforming into a full-on Galra. human skin is an asian and caucasian blend. usual outfit includes her racing leather jacket with an embroidered "T" (as in tempest) on the back in a Galra purple. her shirt is a regular dark purple tank-top, while her pants are military cargo pants with attachable knife sheaths. she also wore an asian black face mask while rescuing Shiro. her paladin armor is white and purple, with half Galra yellow quintessence highlights and half Altean blue. she is toned and especially fit from all of her Garrison training and Paladin work.

love interest(s): (currently) Keith Kogane (Red/Black Paladin/BOM/Crimson)

affiliation(s):  keith kogane (lover/best-friend), lance mcClain (brotherly best-friend), pidge gunderson/katie holt (best-friend), hunk garrett (good friend), takashi shirogane (fatherly/brotherly best-friend), allura (sisterly friend), coran (friend), kolivan (colleague), matt holt (brotherly best-friend), haggar (mother/enemy), zarkon (father/enemy), lotor (brother/enemy)

extras:
[I] the purple lion was created by the Galra to iniatially attach and manipulate Voltron, but since it runs on Altean-infused Galra tech, it refused to override itself, sending baby Vana back to earth. it was sadly captured afterwards. it is mainly a stealth ops machine, being slick and highly-maneuverable, plus extra stealthy.
[II] when racing, she met Lotor as her arch-nemesis in racing, who was scouting out the locations of Blue Lion radiation for Zarkon.
[III] vana's name was tempest. keith's name was crimson.