avis davinci (OW)

name: Avis DaVinci

name: Avis DaVinci

universe: overwatch

occupation: (formerly) inventing apprentice, (formerly) prostitute, (ongoing) hitman/assassin, (formerly) blackwatch agent, (now) anti-hero

age: (woke up from cryo) 19, (blackwatch) 27, (now) 35

face-claim: chella (@chellasuessel on instagram) or ryan ashley malarkey (@ryanashleymalarkey on instagram)

personality: a well-trained, fit warrior. incredibly powerful, quick-witted, relentless, and rebellious. never been one with the norms. being the cybernetically-modified adopted daughter of the esteemed Leonardo DaVinci, she has his brains and his work ethic. ambitious and hard-working, she would sacrifice everything to succeed. not afraid to disregard the rules, hell, rules are meaningless to her. she definitely has some past relationship scars, and many insecurities, but they are slowly melting down. but she still doesn't trust anybody unless given good reasons.

guilty pleasures: gliding around after dark with her wings. rooftop-hopping. tinkering around with both her creations and with herself. learning code. darts (she has incredible aim). loves her sex. indulging in tattoos. jesse got her hooked on scotch. stargazing. leather. new blades. making out. 

family shiz: in the renaissance era, she was orphaned by her blood parents. she was found by DaVinci hiding in the ports as a fragile, stone-cold girl with so much potential. that is where he took her in as both his new apprentice and daughter. she was her father's right-hand girl, helping him on his inventions and criticizing his creations. they both worked on the wings, but instead of what history said was just a pair of wings, they were cybernetic add-ons (meaning that they were physically attached to the body) as means to grant her the ability to aid the weak (basically to become a superhero). but the good times were over. later, the lab of Leo was ransacked, forcing DaVinci to hide away his daughter (who was then 19) in his human-time-capsule (in simple terms, the predecessor to the cryopod). she woke up around the beginnings of the golden ages of overwatch. 

backstory: at the age of 12, she found herself in the future, with nothing more than the remnants of a ransacked laboratory and the literal wings on her back. she set to work, packing up what was necessary to survive (i.e. tool box, notebooks, sack, some mementos) and hopping on the next boat (which lead her to the United States). she first worked a prostitute at night in the slums of new york, catching up on her new world, quickly catching up on the dog-eat-dog rules of the world, modifying her wings, and honing her fighting technique. she then quit her job to become an assassin/hitwoman, building her name and reputation. she earned a name for herself and was sitting at the top of the business for a while. during that era, she was sent on a mission to kill off Jesse McCree, who was visiting Symmetra to scout her out for the slowly-budding new age of Overwatch agents (which she wouldn't agree to until the official fall of Overwatch). she failed, and she was dethroned in a way. reyes found her after scouring the black market of assassins and hunted her down to get her to join the newly forming Blackwatch. she quickly became good friends with gabe and close to the heads of Overwatch as well (both poster-boy jack and ana). after a year or so, she was madly in love with McCree as well. 

when everything turned to shit, she was there as a witness. she saw the slowly brewing tension between the two men, the sudden bursts of outrage morrison experienced, your blackwatch boss's ever-growing catalog of secrets. she was there that day, and thankfully was saved by the wings on her back, which made sure she was able to save herself without the fatal wounds. she was alone, working in the shadows to achieve what her organization imploded before completing, until she found jesse once again. they partnered together and have been working together ever since.

ethnicity: 100% italian, cybernetic

looks: has grey hair. it's medium length, with some waves and naturally voluminous. her eyes are a pretty light blue, which turn storm grey when ulting or angry. a septum piercing adorns her pointed nose. fairly light-skinned with a shit ton of black-and-grey tattoos. her entire spine and parts of her shoulder blades and back are covered in metal, which hinge the steampunk/renaissance-esque wings to her back. they are contractable and easily modifiable (which she takes advantage of, hence the inventor's apprentice). her default outfit consists of a navy off-the-shoulder cloak, a metal bodysuit (shaped like a strapless one-piece), a belt of knives and other gadgets, and calf-covering boots. incredibly fit, with lightly-muscular arms and almost there abs. 

love interest(s): Jesse McCree

affiliations: Gabriel Reyes (was best-friend/colleague/boss- BW), Jack Morrison (was brotherly colleague- OW), Ana Amari (was friend/colleague- OW), Jesse McCree (was best-friend/lover/colleague- BW), Genji Shimada (was colleague, friend- BW), Lucy (was bff- BW, friend)

extras:
[I] Jesse and Avis were first nothing more than a few hookups. Avis started to catch feelings for him, though, catching her off-guard. she then confessed, him reciprocating months after.

[II] Jesse and Avis' early relationship's theme song is Casual by Doja Cat

[III] The 'Reunion' short would have McCree and Avis in it. She took care of the sniper on the boxcars and flew herself and McCree to safety as he threw the grenades. It also has a little Ashe vs. Avis about McCree in it.