19. hospitals & sobbing

Jake POV

watching here leave was the most painful thing I've experienced because I knew this time she wasn't coming back. As I watched her car leave I broke down crying.

I was on my knees when Corey's car pulled up. "Jake? What happend!" He yelled running over while I was on the ground crying my eyes out. He pulled me off the ground into a hug.

"S-she g-gone for g-good th-this t-time" I Said barely being able to make words. "Jake let's go inside" he said helping me walk into the house.

As we entered I fell to the floor again crying. "Jake!" Corey yelled. "I can't" I said through my sobs. "What?" He asked. "I can't live with out her" I managed to get out.

10 minutes later I was on the couch not talking to anyone wrapped around blankets and staring at the wall. My eyes were still bloodshot from crying and my cheeks still had tear stains.

Corey kept asking me questions but I wouldn't  say anything. While Corey was still trying to get answers out of me Devyn came running in the house. "GUYS ITS DYLAN!" she yelled trying to catch her breath.

I stood up. "What?" I asked. "She's in the hospital" she said. I ran & got my keys and went out the door.

As I drove I couldn't help but think what happened. "Please be ok" "I don't know what to do if your not ok" I said with tears rolling down my face.

I pulled up to the hospital and ran threw the doors. I ran up to the front desk where someone was talking to the lady. "Hi hello I'm im looking for Dylan Henderson?" I said frantically.

"Sir I'm sorry but please wait your-" she started. "Tell me where she is!" I yelled. "Jake?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Colby. "Colby? Why are you here" I asked. "The hospital called me and told me that Dylan was hurt- she's in surgery & will be for he next couple hours" he said.

"Just come sit down" he said walking back to his seat. He told me that when Dylan was driving she swerved into on coming traffic and was hit by another car and passed out.

"I shouldn't have let her leave" I said. "What?" He asked. "Gabby she- uh" I turned my neck to show the hickey gabby gave me. Colby all of the suddenly punched me in the face. "ow fuck" I said grabbing my face.

"Ok I guess I deserve that" I said running my tongue over my teeth to make sure none were missing. "I stopped her and I saw the flowers with the note-" I said breaking down again.

"Your really torn up about this" Colby said. "I can't live with out her Colby" I said wiping my eyes. "And now she's here because of me and-" I said starting to sob again.

"Hey man it's gonna be ok" he said pulling me into a hug. "It's not this time. It's not & it's all my fault" I said crying. After a few hours I was still waiting for her.

"Is anyone here for Dylan Henderson?" A doctor said coming out of a doorway. Colby, Corey, devyn, Aaron, & I all stood up.

As they started to follow the doctor I couldn't bring myself to follow I just stood frozen. Colby turned around & saw me. "Come one" he said.

"I can't-" I said with my voice cracking. "You can" he said grabbing my arm & following the doctor. As we walked into a room she was sitting there hooked up to machines she was awake which I was afraid of.

Dylan POV

I woke up in he hospital with scared the hell out of me. Then all of my friends walked in. "What happened?" I asked. "You got in a car crash" Devyn said sitting down on the bed.

"Did brake anything?!" I said looking but saw that I did i fact have a broken leg. "fuck" I mumbled. I started to remember why I got into the crash I was crying.

As I was thinking I saw two people walk into the room Colby & ... Jake. I could tell he had been crying. We made eye contact. "I can't-" I said quietly.

"You can't What?" Devyn asked. I looked back at Jake who looked like he was about to cry. My heart monitor started beeping. "Dylan?" Devyn asked. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"I-I-uh" I started hyperventilating. "Nurse!" Colby yelled. A nurse came running into her room. "Everyone leave immediately!" She said. I was having a panic attack.

I woke up an hour or so later to colby holding my hand. I squeezed his hand to let him know I was awake. "Dylan I'm sorry I just-" he said letting go of my hand.

"It's ok" I said. "I heard what happened between you & jake" he said bluntly. I blinked to let a tear drop.

"And of course I'm stuck here I want to be at my apartment in the dark" I said. "Dylan stop no you don't" he said. "Just leave me alone" I mumbled.

He quietly walked out the door. I heard a knock at the door. "Can i come in?" I heard a too familiar voice say. "I don't see why not" i said.

I looked up & watched Jake shut the door behind him. He sat down next to me and tried to grab my hand but I moved it away.

"This is all my fault" he said. "Jake don't put that on yourself this isn't your fault, while a lot of things that happened are, this isn't" I said.

He was about to say something in when the nurse opened the door. "Um sir we have to give Ms. Henderson her medicine" she said carrying a tray. He nodded & walked out the door.

word count: 993

thank you for 2k reads!!! also I'm ranked #3 in the hashtag samandcolby omg..
also 1 or 2 more chapters 😢😢