18. broken promises & hickeys

Dylan POV

me and Jake pretty much spent the whole day together and it was pretty great. Cuddled, watched movies, etc. But when I woke up the next morning he was gone. So I texted him.

me
hey babe where'd ya go?

jakey💍💕
oh i had to help gab get packed she's leaving tn

me
I thought you said yesterday was her last day

jakey 💍💕
*last full day

me
oh ok

jakey 💍💕
I'll just come over later ok?

me
whatever

*incoming call from jakey💍💕*

*declined*

He basically lied about how long Gabby was staying he could have totally hung out with me yesterday, but no I'll just be all alone and depressed. Maybe he really thought that was her last day. Maybe I'm just overthinking again.

As I pulled out my phone I looked at the date
" HOLY SHIT!" I screamed. It was our anniversary. Our 1 month anniversary. I have to surprise him. Maybe I could even do something I wasn't giving him a while back. I think I'm ready. Am I ready. I think I am I trust Jake not to hurt me. I got up out of bed and got all dressed up in a really cute outfit. Got out of bed and went to get him flowers. I got a small card I could put in the flowers and it said.

happy one month anniversary to the best boyfriend anyone could ask for I love you baby

- dyl

I smiled at my cliché self and put the card in the flowers and started to drive to jakes house

I was so excited to surprise him with these flowers and the other thing... God I love him so much it actually hurts.

I pulled up to the house and got out of the car. I straightened out my skirt as I got out and couldn't help but have this smile plastered on my face as I walked up to the door

I opened the door quietly to make sure no one heard me but when I entered I heard gabbys vocie. I was confused so I quietly looked into the living room and they were close. All of sudden they were kissing... and Jake wasn't stopping her. I physically feel my heart break in my chest. As tears filled up in my eyes a dropped the flowers and ran out the door.

Jake POV

the other roommates went out to dinner and it was just me & gabby in the living room packing her back up.

As we were packing she said "I don't wanna leave" "I don't want you to leave either" I said looking at her. "I miss us" she said.

"Gabby" I said sighing. "What? Cmon I know you way better than her!" She said walking over to me. "It's not about that" I said.

"I thought you loved me" she said looking up at me getting closer. "I did- Well I still do but as friends Gabby nothing more." I said backing away.

She walked up close to me and grabbed my arm. "There's not one part of you that maybe wants to-" she started to whisper but stopped by putting her lips on mine...and I didn't stop her.

She moved down to my neck and all I could think about was Dylan and what I'm doing to he.r. About how I don't wanna lose her. About that last strike.. "stop" I said backing away shaking my head. "I can't. No I can't do this." I started. I started walking towards the door when I saw the door was half-open and flowers on the ground. I pick up the flowers and saw there was a card. I picked out the card and opened it. It read..

happy one month anniversary to the best boyfriend anyone could ask for I love you baby

-dyl

I started shaking. "Dylan" I whispered. I dropped the card and ran out the door. "Dylan!" I yelled. I saw her walking to her car.

Dylan POV

as I walked towards my car I heard Jake yell "Dylan!". I froze. He ran up to me. "how could you!" I yelled. "Dylan I didn't I-" he started

"what do u mean you didn't look at the huge fucking hickey on your neck!" I yelled at him pointing at his neck

"Dylan listen to me i-" he started to say again. "you promised" I said letting tears drop. "I know I did but I-" "and with gabby!" I yelled.

"Dylan will you let me say on thing god dammit!" He screamed. I was taken back from him yelling at me after what he just did. "I don't even know you anymore" I said walking towards my car.

"Wait no baby!" He said coming after me. "I'm not your baby anymore" I said ripping off the necklace that had a 'J' on it that he had given me after a date once and throwing it at his feet.

"Please let me explain" he said looking at me. I slowly shook my head no as his eyes became glossy. "and to even think I was gonna-" I said looking down.

"gonna do what?" He asked but then soon realized what I was talking about. "Oh Dylan I-" he said coming closer to me.

"Save it jake" I said getting in my car and driving away. Tears started flowing down my face I couldn't even see. Until I saw a pare of headlights right in front of me and everything went black.

word count: 921

guess that was strike 3 for Jake.. this story is coming to an end in about 2 or 3 more parts.. but I might do a sequel if you guys want it.. do you want a sequel??